Older sister's friend liking me? Watch

3mma_gal96
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey,
So I'm a 16 year old girl, and my older sister, who is 18, has a friend (a guy), let's just call him Bob for convenience.
Well my sister's been friends with Bob since year 7 and now they're in year 13. I've been working in a charity shop for about 6 months, and Bob works there too. He first started facebook messaging me in October, but then he got my number and now we text everyday. He says stuff like ''I like you a lot'' and compliments me, but we also have banter too, so it's not all 'cute', if you know what I mean :P. Anyway, he's a shy guy, so when I see him in school, we never really say anything to each other and sometimes, we both just make eye-contact, or if he sees me coming, he looks awkward and looks away.
I don't know what to think about it all really. He often goes out with my sister and all their friends, but he always keeps quiet about us. However once, he did tell my sister he likes me, via text. He's very nice, clever and funny and I don't know many other people I'm so similar to.
He leaves school in a few months, so I don't know what to do.
I'm quite confused about it all, and my sister's one of those people who, in the nicest way possible, likes to talk about herself a lot, whereas I always just listen to her, so I don't want to speak to her about it. My mum's closer to my sister than she is to me, so she'd tell her everything, so I can't talk to my mum about it. I've told my best friend that we talk and she's always like, ''aw you'd be so cute together'' etc -_- , but truthfully, I'm confused.
What would you do? Do you think I should still text him and stuff? I can't tell if I like him or not, because we don't see each other apart from work...
Thanks
JayPlays
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you can't tell if you like him and he isn't making moves. Why don't you invite him on a date? Something casual where you can get to know one another on a more personal level. Guys like being invited on dates to Hopefully this should help you decide!
3mma_gal96
Rep:
?
Call me old-fashioned or whatever, but I don't think I could ever ask a guy on a date! Any girls out there know what I mean before I get 3,000 negs?:L
Blair Waldorf
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Your sister is probably jealous, pay no attention to her. Just send him and email and ask him to DR.

DR= define the relationship
Horchata
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I take it that your sister has no interest in him?

If you're not sure about him then don't string him along, spend more time with him and figure out how you feel before doing anything intimate with him.
3mma_gal96
Rep:
?
(Original post by Horchata)
I take it that your sister has no interest in him?
Oh no, not in the slightest! She has a boyfriend and lots of friends in general, and he's just one of them
3mma_gal96
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blair Waldorf)
Your sister is probably jealous, pay no attention to her. Just send him and email and ask him to DR.

DR= define the relationship
Don't you think that could be awkward or demanding or something? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
JayPlays
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 3mma_gal96)
Call me old-fashioned or whatever, but I don't think I could ever ask a guy on a date! Any girls out there know what I mean before I get 3,000 negs?:L
Why not? If he has an interest in you and you ask him on a date, I'm sure he would be overjoyed at the proposition
3mma_gal96
Rep:
?
(Original post by JayPlays)
Why not? If he has an interest in you and you ask him on a date, I'm sure he would be overjoyed at the proposition
Hmm, maybe :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
arina162
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ask him out. He clearly likes you. :yep: If you're too shy just suggest that there's a band in town you'd like to see or a movie and since you don't want to go alone - if he would be so kind to accompany you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
3mma_gal96
Rep:
?
Hmm...I dunno..
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Nothing wrong with a girl making the first move these days, it's not like the 1950s anymore.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (47)
25.97%
No (134)
74.03%

Watched Threads