quaveralien
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm thinking of reading Mrs Dalloway, it caught my eye but I don't want anything too heavy- Anyone have any opinions on it? Is it a hard read?

Thanks for any comments
dlaiden
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I admit that I haven't finished reading it, but what I have so far looks pretty good. Word of warning though; Woolf is pretty heavy on stream-of-consciousness. Sometimes the book's a little difficult to read, but that really only makes it more interesting (for me, anyway). I'd say go for it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
quaveralien
Rep:
?
(Original post by dlaiden)
I admit that I haven't finished reading it, but what I have so far looks pretty good. Word of warning though; Woolf is pretty heavy on stream-of-consciousness. Sometimes the book's a little difficult to read, but that really only makes it more interesting (for me, anyway). I'd say go for it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Would you say it's hard to follow- switching between people? Must say I'm tempted to order it
dlaiden
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by quaveralien)
Would you say it's hard to follow- switching between people? Must say I'm tempted to order it
Well, it may take a few double-checks to make sure that you're still with the same character--she jumps from person to person as well--but a few pages in and you'll be more than used to it and it won't be too difficult to follow.
Godsend
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Too complicated for me, felt like an idiot after reading the first chapter.hehe..
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They are not hard, no. Of course you may not find them interesting and thus they may seem difficult. Only one way to find out....
SillyRodent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've read Mrs Dalloway, I guess it was pretty good if you're in to that sort of thing. I just couldn't bring myself to read The Years though..

These are both books I was obliged to read for my course btw.
quaveralien
Rep:
?
(Original post by Godsend)
Too complicated for me, felt like an idiot after reading the first chapter.hehe..
Complicated as in the plot, the writing style, the language...?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
62.16%
No I haven't decided yet (48)
21.62%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.22%

Watched Threads