Pulling an 'all-nighter' (technically). Watch

CaesiumN
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
This wouldn't be a 'typical all-nighter', as i would have sufficient sleep. Next week i have three exams, one Chemistry on Tuesday, Physics on Thursday and another Physics exam on Friday. However, the Physics exam on Friday is far more important than the Thursday exam as i have better prospects in it.

My point is, when i get home on Thursday after school, i plan to sleep at 6PM, and then set my alarm(s) for me to wake at about 2-3AM. This then allows me a solid 5-6 hours revision time before the exam at 9AM.

Does this have any negative side-effects, it really doesn't matter if i am tired after the exam, as it is my last. Any help/advice is appreciated!

danny111
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
depends if you can fall asleep as early as 6?
+ polarity -
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
I don't think you should mess with your sleeping pattern like dat
CaesiumN
Rep:
?
(Original post by danny111)
depends if you can fall asleep as early as 6?
6PM is fairly adventurous, but once I've eaten I'll be shattered! Whether i can then sleep for as long as 8 hours i don't know.
CaesiumN
Rep:
?
(Original post by + polarity -)
I don't think you should mess with your sleeping pattern like dat
It is a risk, but as long as it works short-term (by that i mean so that I'm not tired at 9AM) then it's fine. It doesn't matter about the following days because i won't have any more exams for months...
British-Student
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How are you in the mornings? How long does it take for your concentration to start slipping? Make sure that whatever you do, you reap the full benefits of a good nights sleep and your brain is at it's peak for your exam. Good luck!
CuriousQuestioner
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Be careful dude I'll work later and get a good long night sleep maybe with an hour or so before hand personally
sambookaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think that taking the week off school instead would be more productive than destroying your sleep pattern completely.
leannesagoodman
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think that if you've got enough self-discipline to drag yourself out of bed as early as that, you'll be okay. I remember when I used to get up in the morning to get things done - and it does work. But now, for me, getting out of bed in the first place is the bigger problem :')
There shouldn't be bad negative effects as long as you catch up with the sleep as soon as you can after your exam. You might feel a bit drained after doing 5 to 6 hours revision, but if it might mean the stuff feels more fresh in your mind ready for the test.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.74%
It's just nice to be back! (209)
26.86%
Not great so far... (280)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise