The Student Room Group

Most Overrated Films of all time?

Scroll to see replies

Avengers, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are all pretty overrated. This doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching them, but they're definitely overrated.

The second time I saw Avengers I was actually disappointed with it. It just felt kind of off, like something was missing from it. I didn't feel it's as great as most people seem to say it is.

The Dark Knight had Heath Ledger's brilliant portrayal of Joker. But apart from that the film just wasn't really that good.

The Dark Knight Rises is just full of plot holes and is far too depressing. I don't mind the sombre tone to it, but it goes too far with this and takes away some of the enjoyment.

Thinking about it, Les Miserables (the new film) is really overrated. There were parts I enjoyed, but after seeing it on stage multiple times (and being in productions of it) it felt as though some of the magic was missing. Plus there are too many close-up shots of faces.
I found Avatar just plain boring and Skyfall very disappointing.
Hmm we've got this huge group of bad guys after us, i know let's go to the middle of Scotland and arm ourselves with two shotguns and some dynamite! :rolleyes:
Reply 242
Agree with a fair few mentioned in here...however...

With many I do feel it's more of a case of people just not liking the film rather than it actually being overrated
Reply 243
it has to be twilight! Enough said.
Original post by Megan1234567
it has to be twilight! Enough said.

Can't be overrated if its not rated :wink:

Only rated by barely teenage girls.
Reply 245
Original post by Malevolent
Can't be overrated if its not rated :wink:

Only rated by barely teenage girls.

Truestory
The Tree of Life - No idea what that was preaching but it definitely wasn't a plot (almost saw it at the cinema, bit of luck I didn't).

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - Same thing, all over the place, boring and the ending sucked. And this won awards? :banghead:

Batman Begins - One of the only Christopher Nolan films I've disliked. It just felt stupid compared to his other masterpieces which is a shame because I like most of his films, plus I really enjoy Christian Bale as an actor

Zodiac - This had no idea what genre it was supposed to be - thriller? mystery? crime? Too much shifting, especially between the genres, and was too boring. I was looking forward to RDJ and JG in this film, shame :bebored:

Skipping the obvious ones - Titanic and Avatar. We should all know those by now.
(edited 11 years ago)
Not to mention The Birds. That film does not date that well - I laughed more than I screamed. Aren't horror films supposed to scare you?

Don't know why it had so much hype. Didn't like it, found it dull and boring. Effects werent even out if this world as supposed to be.

I do like JC though, his Terminator franchise was brilliant
Reply 249
Pulp Fiction. Without a doubt. Bored me to tears.
Fight club. Thought it was pompous and can't understand how people love it so much and it gets rated one of the best films of all time

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest