The Student Room Group

Most Overrated Films of all time?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Iamyourfather
Non-English films are very underrated. Americans are too lazy to read sub-titles that US film-makers have to create really ****ty remakes. They throw A-list actors to compensate for its awfulness.

Adam Buckley explains this brilliantly:

Non English films? huh? so english films are normally overrated compared to hollywood? is this what you mean surely not? the opposite if anything
Original post by feenicks89
Non English films? huh? so english films are normally overrated compared to hollywood? is this what you mean surely not? the opposite if anything

The English language not the UK region.
Reply 82
Controversial, but ... The Sound Of Music and Grease! Hate both and yet if you're female you're supposed to love these films - I just don't get it. In saying that I loved Les Mis but was disappointed with Hugh Jackman, I thought his singing voice would be amazing but for me it was just OK, nothing special!
Original post by MrsLovett112
I absolutely ADORE Three Men and A Baby. Eighties comedy films were amazing, though I don't remember many without a Mafioso sub-plot XD

Haha! I also have a bit of a soft spot for eighties comedies :colondollar:.
Reply 84
Original post by Jimbo1234
:confused: Tarantino had no involvement with The Departed, which is a fantastic film.

LOL! Massive blunder. They've got some fairly similar films though don't they? haha tbh I wouldn't know, I thought they were the same person like 3 minutes ago :tongue:
I don't know if it's considered a 'great' film or not, but I got absolutely nothing from Napoleon Dynamite.
Reply 86
twilight - saw the first one and thought it was terrible, didnt bother with the others

the hangover 2 - first one is quite good but eh second is basically the same plot :/
Reply 87
Apocalypse Now.
Twilight
last few Harry Potters - the books are a million times better
Napoleon Dynamite - found it boring and not funny
The Notebook
Hunger Games
Friends With Benefits - predictable
(edited 11 years ago)
Why do people keep on saying twilight? Its not rated by any respectable movie critic or for that matter anyone over the age of fifteen. Everyone knows it sucks :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by Iamyourfather
The English language not the UK region.

ahh ok yeah that makes sense i like 'The Black Book' thats a dutch film i think absolutely fantastic and underated. To appreciate them properly they have to watched with subtitles though , no one can expect to get the true emotion from a voice that had no part in the role weather you understand it or not.
Reply 91
Original post by Mister Cery
Why do people keep on saying twilight? Its not rated by any respectable movie critic or for that matter anyone over the age of fifteen. Everyone knows it sucks :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i know its starting to get annoying, its quite well known surely that twilight is offensively bad
Reply 92
Original post by chocolate buttons
Twilight
last few Harry Potters - the books are a million times better
Napoleon Dynamite - found it boring and not funny
The Notebook
Hunger Games
Friends With Benefits - predictable

sorry but that is the most ridiculous list of overrated films of all time, you might as well of picked the most random list of films of all time
Original post by aWildPidgey
2001: A Space Odyssey - You could condense the plot down to 45 minutes if you removed the waiting

you stole my one :tongue: i agree with you completely it was a whole load of silent crap.

Citizen kane was another painful watch
Original post by feenicks89
sorry but that is the most ridiculous list of overrated films of all time, you might as well of picked the most random list of films of all time

Well, they are the films that I've seen people rave over that I've not seen the big deal over myself so...
The Inbetweeners Movie. I know that critics didn't rate it very good, but the bunch of people who quote from the movie and make it seem like some cult masterpiece, and all those bloody Facebook groups about it... I mean it was only a film about some guys going on holiday and going out with some girls whilst they're trying to avoid some pricks. And I didn't know that everyone in Crete was British, but there you go.

I also never liked Moneyball, watched it with a friend last year and it was so boring I'd rather watch Speed 2. Maybe it's because I don't really know what baseball is.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by speedbird
The Lord of the Rings - especially the last one
A Clockwork Orange - big time

i agree a clockwork orange was horrible. I loved the book though
The Butterfly Effect, it builds up this idea that any past action can have unexpected affects on the future.
Then in a main point in the film the lead character goes back in time to make a change which then has no other effects.
Reply 98
Original post by Mister Cery

Posted from TSR Mobile

thing is though it is rated by some people and even thats too much, its a terrible film!
Reply 99
The hunger games-- worst film ever made

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending