For 8iv I did:

log2(x-3) - log2x = 4
log2(x-3)/x = 4
(x-3)/x = 2^4
(x-3)/x = 16
(x-3) = 16x
-1/5 = x
-1/5 = c

Reckon I'd get a few method marks even though the final answer is most likely wrong?

Your final answer is wrong but I think you will get 2 out of 4.
Reply 21
Do they alter the grade boundaries at all or do they stay the same Raw Mark? and if so... any idea what i would need for an A... i reckon i got 59..
Reply 22
Original post by abzy1234
Yup. I averaged around 62 after doing 15 past papers. Now after today, I think I picked up around 40-44 marks :frown:

Guess it's the exam pressure or that I can't apply my maths fully enough!

Oh well! Well done to you for smashing it :biggrin:

haha well with the amount of work I put in, if I hadn't "smashed" it I'd have been very disappointed :P

Also my teacher is just a god, he is seriously brilliant.
Yup. I averaged around 62 after doing 15 past papers. Now after today, I think I picked up around 40-44 marks :frown:

Guess it's the exam pressure or that I can't apply my maths fully enough!

Oh well! Well done to you for smashing it :biggrin:

Wow. That is a great shame.

If it is any consolation, if this pattern is repeated with other candidates, the grade boundaries will be adjusted to compensate.
Original post by bb516
Do they alter the grade boundaries at all or do they stay the same Raw Mark? and if so... any idea what i would need for an A... i reckon i got 59..

Yes boundaries move. I would expect that to be an A but you will have to wait until results day to find out for sure.
Reply 25
Original post by stirkee
haha well with the amount of work I put in, if I hadn't "smashed" it I'd have been very disappointed :P

Also my teacher is just a god, he is seriously brilliant.

The old age saying: "You get what you put in" :biggrin:

I have an awesome teacher as well; its you at the end of the day who puts ink to paper though tbh :tongue:

Are you doing further maths by any chance :wink:
Reply 26
Original post by Mr M
Wow. That is a great shame.

If it is any consolation, if this pattern is repeated with other candidates, the grade boundaries will be adjusted to compensate.

Hopefully. How would you suggest one can practice and prepare better for maths, rather doing past papers?
Reply 27
The old age saying: "You get what you put in" :biggrin:

I have an awesome teacher as well; its you at the end of the day who puts ink to paper though tbh :tongue:

Are you doing further maths by any chance :wink:

yes I am, haha.
Hopefully. How would you suggest one can practice and prepare better for maths, rather doing past papers?

I think past papers are very important but I would advise you to do all the End of Chapter Exercises in your textbook before starting them. The more maths you do the better you get. Once you have done C3 and C4 this will seem pretty straightforward by comparison.
Reply 29
How did you do 4ii as I got 440 which is wrong?
Can someone do me a favour and tell me what the question 9 was as my friend has asked me to try it as she messed it up on the exam and wants to know how to do it! I'm hoping after getting 100 in this unit last year I wont now embarrass myself and not be able to do it haha! Thank you!
Reply 31
Original post by stirkee
yes I am, haha.

You further mathematicians are geniuses, honestly!

Good luck for your other exams :biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by Mr M
I think past papers are very important but I would advise you to do all the End of Chapter Exercises in your textbook before starting them. The more maths you do the better you get. Once you have done C3 and C4 this will seem pretty straightforward by comparison.

That's really true, thanks again :smile:

By the way, are you covering the Mechanics unit on next Friday?
Original post by alexj1790
How did you do 4ii as I got 440 which is wrong?

Well I cheated and used a computer but you needed to replace x in your previous expansion with (3y + y^2) and note that only the x^2 and x^3 terms are going to contribute to the y^3 coefficient.
That's really true, thanks again :smile:

By the way, are you covering the Mechanics unit on next Friday?

Yes.
Reply 35
You further mathematicians are geniuses, honestly!

Good luck for your other exams :biggrin:

Thank you, good luck in yours too! :biggrin:
Original post by JordanSadler2012
Can someone do me a favour and tell me what the question 9 was as my friend has asked me to try it as she messed it up on the exam and wants to know how to do it! I'm hoping after getting 100 in this unit last year I wont now embarrass myself and not be able to do it haha! Thank you!

Scans are posted in the other OCR C2 thread.
Reply 37
Thank you :smile: what other exams do you cover apart from core's? Further? Stats? Mechanics?
Original post by alexj1790
Thank you :smile: what other exams do you cover apart from core's? Further? Stats? Mechanics?

In the summer I post C1, C2, C3, C4, FP1, FP2, M1, M2 as this is what I teach. In January I post whichever units students happen to take in my centre.
Reply 39
Original post by Mr M
In the summer I post C1, C2, C3, C4, FP1, FP2, M1, M2 as this is what I teach. In January I post whichever units students happen to take in my centre.

Please tell me you're covering S1 in the 28th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending