How to get my hair to grow FAST!!;D Watch

LittleMissyMe.x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys

okay so i have a complete obsession with long thick hair and i really want mine to reach sorta my mid back.
Atm it is like 2.5 inches past my shoulder (btw my estimates are rubbish). It is fairly thick and makes it really hard to get volume.
I have been searching for ways to get it longer and i have come accross the following points:
  • Brush the hair with the head upside down gently and slowly
  • Massage the head everyday to encourage circulation
  • Use hair oils then wash it out
  • Avoid using heat and if so use plenty of heat defence spray
  • Don't wash the hair everyday
I usually wash my hair 3/4 times a week (normally mon, thurs & sat) and use a blow dryer or let it dry naturally. Should i be washing it less or is this ok? I use pantene smooth and sleek for thick hair then condition it lightly either 1 or 2 times a week.
What oil would you recommend in order to make it grow quickly and where is it available for purchase?
I have many methods of heatless curling/styling and that so its all good there. I only really use my curlers when its a special occasion cuz it makes the ends really dry.
These are the main hair products i use:
  • Pantene smooth and sleek shampoo&conditioner
  • Tresemme heat defence
  • Bed head TIGI headrush (gloss/shine spray)
  • Naturals Daily Hair Refresher (i dont use this as often anymore as i use the bed head... it smells nicer)
  • Tresemme split mend remedy (used 2 times a week after washing my hair)

Thats pretty much it.
I'd love to hear any recommendations as to how you get your hair to grow really need to know about what oils to use too:/

Thank-you sosososoo much x
social outcast
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
that seems okay when i was growing my hair out i got told to only brush it with a wide tooth comb when its wet however this isnt very parctical
Chocip
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
longhaircareforum is a pretty good resource for people wanting to grow their hair out. I find that by keeping myself healthy in general, helps to keep my hair healthy. So that's something to take on board. I've been told that your hair is a reflection on your internal health, don't know how true that it but you never know.

By the way I've been told that you can't actually make your hair grow faster it's genetically determined, but I've also been told that a vitamin called Biotin is supposed to do just that.
infairverona
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I dont think you can change the rate your hair grows (might be wrong) BUT what you want to be changing is the rate at which your hair breaks off. If the ends of your hair are consistently snapping off, obviously this makes it shorter. So actually things like regularly trims (to rid the hair of split ends) and maybe some oil (I use L'Oral Mythic Oil and it's really good) to make it stronger etc, you can also get hot oil from VO5 to use in the shower which is fab. Oh and deep conditioners. I'm looking into the Lee Stafford hair growth range atm, probably won't buy the shampoo/conditioner but maybe the treatment. It's more about keeping your hair healthy and strong. I used to have some hair, skin and nail vitamins but I never took them long enough to see any effects so maybe you could try those (not too expensive, can get them in Boots).
LittleMissyMe.x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thanks everyone for the replys- they're really helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (24)
6.92%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.51%
I don't think they'd understand (53)
15.27%
It might lead to more bullying (133)
38.33%
There's nothing they could do (104)
29.97%

Watched Threads