The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by firebolt
Hi, I haven't seen a thread about this exam, presuming not many are resitting. Anyway how's everyone's prep going?
I just did the June 2012 paper and I forgot how horrible that Locomotive question was. But it's going better this time round than June.

Not well, Im hoping to revise from wednesday to the exam all day and hopefully that will be enough. Can you attach the june 2012 paper please as there is no way I can get access to it.

Not many people do MEI
Reply 2
Original post by helpme456
Not well, Im hoping to revise from wednesday to the exam all day and hopefully that will be enough. Can you attach the june 2012 paper please as there is no way I can get access to it.

Not many people do MEI

Yes I can, a teacher sent us an electronic copy today. I can upload a worked mark scheme from my college soon hopefully as they accidentally sent S1 instead of M1 somehow. How's C3 going? I guess that is why your waiting till Wednesday.
Reply 3
Yes I can, a teacher sent us an electronic copy today. I can upload a worked mark scheme from my college soon hopefully as they accidentally sent S1 instead of M1 somehow. How's C3 going? I guess that is why your waiting till Wednesday.

Thanks for uploading.

Thats right, C3 on wednesday. Really prepared for that, just not M1 but hopefully some Qs in the book and then 14 past papers should make it all good. I did C4 today as well, so many exams!!
Reply 4
Original post by helpme456
Thanks for uploading.

Thats right, C3 on wednesday. Really prepared for that, just not M1 but hopefully some Qs in the book and then 14 past papers should make it all good. I did C4 today as well, so many exams!!

C4 as well? What are you going to do till June? How many exams do you have, I only have 4.
Reply 5
Hi, Here are my college's worked answers for the June 2012 M1 exam.

Uh Oh it's saying it's too big, sorry can't add, maybe ask your teachers
(edited 11 years ago)
Could someone upload the mark scheme or solutions for June 2012? Thanks!
Reply 7
Here you go, printscreened the pages so I can get it in the limit, it's a bit blurred but you can still read it.

This is the worked answers my college does rather than a mark scheme.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by jems24
Could someone upload the mark scheme or solutions for June 2012? Thanks!

Here you go!
Reply 9
Screen Shot 2013-01-24 at 23.40.32.png

any clue guys????
Reply 10
Original post by helpinghand
Screen Shot 2013-01-24 at 23.40.32.png

any clue guys????

find the vertical and horizontal force equations and use simmultaneous equations as you have 2 unknowns
I am so worried about this exam, how r u all feeling? It is so difficult to remember where to apply what.. :s-smilie:
Original post by GottaRevise
I am so worried about this exam, how r u all feeling? It is so difficult to remember where to apply what.. :s-smilie:

Oh and did you lot do it last year? we r doing it for the first time this year
hey people, do any of you know about what certain words mean like smooth pulley means tension is equal on both sides and that sort of thing? eg inextensibe, rough ...
Reply 14
Original post by GottaRevise
Oh and did you lot do it last year? we r doing it for the first time this year

I did it last year. You do it only after core 1? You haven't even done calculus yet.
I did it last year. You do it only after core 1? You haven't even done calculus yet.

Just thought I'd weigh in, I'm sitting it for the first time on Monday, along with M3, and I did M2 a couple of weeks ago. I've also done C1 and D1 in this examination period, and those are all the A level maths modules I've ever done. Talk about doing things in a messed up order :wink:
Reply 16
Original post by BeatlesFan96
Just thought I'd weigh in, I'm sitting it for the first time on Monday, along with M3, and I did M2 a couple of weeks ago. I've also done C1 and D1 in this examination period, and those are all the A level maths modules I've ever done. Talk about doing things in a messed up order :wink:

Wow how many optional modules do you want to take? haha
Wow how many optional modules do you want to take? haha

I'm hoping to get a Further Mathematics (Additional) A level, so I'm cramming in as many as I can as early as I can :L It's going alright so far, I'm really enjoying the mechanics (:
Here you go, printscreened the pages so I can get it in the limit, it's a bit blurred but you can still read it.

This is the worked answers my college does rather than a mark scheme.

I don't understand why 5(ii) is 10g-50cos30 :frown:

I thought when there was equilibrium mg and R cancelled out?
Reply 19
Original post by JordanHoulker
I don't understand why 5(ii) is 10g-50cos30 :frown:

I thought when there was equilibrium mg and R cancelled out?

I don't get where you got 10g-50cos30 from, the worked answers only say its 50cos30.

Do you mean 5iii, No when it's in equilibrium it means the acceleration is 0 so then:
Reaction Force + Vertical component of Tension = Weight
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending