Winter weather as a novelty Watch

alexs2602
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thoughts?

I've been thinking about this over the last few days. Over December it was relatively mild and wasn't what I would call cold weather. And then finally, in the last week or so, we've had subzero temperatures and snow. To me, winter isn't winter unless it's cold. Feels so unnatural, I've grown accustomed to our weather over the past 23 years and despite the unpredictability of British weather it has been cold without fail every winter and then suddenly this year December wasn't cold.

Anyway, now it's finally got cold I've been feeling that brisk air against my skin, the need for gloves, to put my hands in my pockets, to do my coat up and, at least for the meantime, I'm enjoying the return to typical winter weather. But of course, as we all know when we have to endure subzero temperatures for long periods of time and when the snow turns to ice that novelty will wear thin, pun not intended. Which is where my point about it being a novelty comes in, I welcome the cold and snow at first but that doesn't last.
Rosa Arabelle
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I get incredibly excited when I wake up early in the morning and see how beautiful it looks on my street; but then people walk on it and ruin it.

I completely agree, though.
JMET
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

I think this sums up why I love winter so much.
concubine
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wish people would just shut the **** up about the weather, whatever it's doing, and get on with their lives.
alexs2602
Rep:
?
(Original post by concubine)
I wish people would just shut the **** up about the weather, whatever it's doing, and get on with their lives.
I wish grumpy people would chill but apparently that doesn't work. I wasn't complaining about it so I don't see the problem. Loads of people seem to dislike cold weather, what's so wrong with discussing it? I think I'd be lying if I said always enjoyed it but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it, which is why I made this thread.
concubine
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by alexs2602)
I wish grumpy people would chill but apparently that doesn't work. I wasn't complaining about it so I don't see the problem. Loads of people seem to dislike cold weather, what's so wrong with discussing it? I think I'd be lying if I said always enjoyed it but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it, which is why I made this thread.

Ignoring the endless complaints and hyperbolic statements, it's just tedious.
alexs2602
Rep:
?
(Original post by concubine)
Ignoring the endless complaints and hyperbolic statements, it's just tedious.
I was neither complaining or being hyperbolic, I was trying to find attitudes converse to those you were talking about. Seriously, relax. You're taking this way too seriously.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (67)
66.34%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
20.79%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
12.87%

Watched Threads