Almostfamou
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I just got to Warwick and found that the Dirty Duck stops serving at 9 and other places close at 8 or so. There doesn't seem to be any fast food places or other restaurants on campus so where do people eat!? Does everyone really buy groceries and cook? Is there takeout that I'm missing?
TheTallOne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Almostfamou)
So I just got to Warwick and found that the Dirty Duck stops serving at 9 and other places close at 8 or so. There doesn't seem to be any fast food places or other restaurants on campus so where do people eat!? Does everyone really buy groceries and cook? Is there takeout that I'm missing?
Xananas is open until later, except Sundays. But otherwise yeah, campus is self catering.

But yeah, check out http://www.appetise.com/ for takeaways/delivery services in the area.
Almostfamou
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Xananas looked closed today at 9 when I stopped by. :-( Where do people go/eat on Fridays? I thought SU would be open later...Thanks for the appetise.com link btw. It was just what I was looking for.
TheTallOne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Xananas looked closed today at 9 when I stopped by. :-( Where do people go/eat on Fridays? I thought SU would be open later...Thanks for the appetise.com link btw. It was just what I was looking for.
The entire SU (along with the University) closed at 3pm yesterday because of the snow. Xananas employs students, many of whom live in Leamington (and the last Unibus to Leam yesterday left campus at 3).
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's self-catering at Warwick, so there's probably little demand for restaurants and stuff after those times.

Just order a takeaway like Domino's.
sliceofcake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by tehforum)
Just order a takeaway like Domino's.
Or learn to cook :/ I do not understand why you (OP) seem so shocked at the idea of buying food and cooking for yourself.
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sliceofcake)
Or learn to cook :/ I do not understand why you (OP) seem so shocked at the idea of buying food and cooking for yourself.
Yeah, I assumed the OP was a visitor to the campus.

Otherwise, OP, you can't live off takeaways everyday!
georgia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeeeaah, there's a Tesco really close to campus, and Costcutter ON campus. Buy ingredients and cook, it'll be cheaper and healthier.
smithyinthehouse
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Where ever there is a nice chicken shop
electriic_ink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Does everyone really buy groceries and cook?
Only if they forget to bring their butler along.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads