The Student Room Group

Spliced and diced - perhaps one day, a little shredded!

Scroll to see replies

I personally think they're too strict and you should start doing these:

https://youtu.be/U_JK5pY3-HQ?t=47
Original post by monsterzero
:biggrin:

I lol'd hard at new to lifting.
Original post by redbuthotter
I lol'd hard at new to lifting.

Ye

Imagine all the gainz I could have had with my newbie gainz if only I used the clipz
Ye

Imagine all the gainz I could have had with my newbie gainz if only I used the clipz

I blame bodybuilding for the mess that was the previous 2 or 3 pages.

I blame t nation , Chris shugart & my protein

Absolutely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
**** me

Just lol

Strong callouts
Strong logic
Strong dick measuring
Strong everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Trap bar dead
Up to 145kg 1 x 7 with straps. Straps undid so dropped next rep. Ran, put chalk on 1 x 4
150kg 1 x 5

OHP
Up to 55kg 3 x 5
60kg 1 x 2

Pullups
2 x 12

Facepulls
Level 3 3 x 10

Ab pressouts
37.5kg DB 2 x 25
1 x 30

Hanging leg raises
2 x 10

I think that was it. Bleurgh. Exams done tho. Woooh

Posted from TSR Mobile
but what was your ROM on them there pull ups ??
but what was your ROM on them there pull ups ??

Quarter reps :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
looool. Tbh the advice on full reps isn't even bad. Just massively out of context in that you will snap your **** up - if anything you are less likely to snap your **** up...
looool. Tbh the advice on full reps isn't even bad. Just massively out of context in that you will snap your **** up - if anything you are less likely to snap your **** up...

I do T bars is a perfectly legit way as far as I'm aware. My back is in a safe angle and it works my lats and biceps. Need I do more? How to I become thick solid tight etc

Spoiler

Original post by Dazzzzzla

You have small ROM - how is that justified?

You are doing them the way you are because you want to train your ego and go as heavy as you can - whilst, sacrificing form.I squat 120kg for 4 sets of 3-5.I Dumbell press 50kg (each arm) for the same. So again - invalid point.

your squats are ****ing pathetic

brotastic even
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by illusionz
your squats are ****ing pathetic

brotastic even

Haha another one pipes up - please tell me how something becomes pathetic in a gym, other than pathetic form? If Jack does 90kg and Bob does 10kg, is Bob pathetic because he does less? If thats your mindset, unlucky dude, unlucky.

Please upload a video of your amazing squats so I can learn from a god?

****ing numnut.
Haha another one pipes up - please tell me how something becomes pathetic in a gym, other than pathetic form? If Jack does 90kg and Bob does 10kg, is Bob pathetic because he does less? If thats your mindset, unlucky dude, unlucky.

Please upload a video of your amazing squats so I can learn from a god?

****ing numnut.

Anyone who DB benches 50kg and squats 120 has piss poor lower/upper body ratios. That's what makes it pathetic.
Original post by Angry cucumber
I do T bars is a perfectly legit way as far as I'm aware. My back is in a safe angle and it works my lats and biceps. Need I do more? How to I become thick solid tight etc

Spoiler

Do you not think you can lessen the weight and get more from what you are doing?

If you're lifting with a lumbar problem - that makes it worse. Why you lifting heavy with a spine issue?

I am level 4 lower back pain qualified - if you do need advice, you can ask you know.
Anyone who DB benches 50kg and squats 120 has piss poor lower/upper body ratios. That's what makes it pathetic.

How is a 100kg press/120kg squat in any way meant to be a ratio?

You don't hamstring curl what you bicep curl.

You don't do a lat pulldown with a pull up weight.

You don't deadlift what you squat.
How is a 100kg press/120kg squat in any way meant to be a ratio?

You don't hamstring curl what you bicep curl.

You don't do a lat pulldown with a pull up weight.

You don't deadlift what you squat.

and he claims to be a highly qualified personal trainer.

lol
and he claims to be a highly qualified personal trainer.

lol

Claims? I am you tool.

You saying there should be lower/upper body ratios to determine how someone lifting is pathetic - is slightly strange.

What do you press and squat?
Claims? I am you tool.

You saying there should be lower/upper body ratios to determine how someone lifting is pathetic - is slightly strange.

What do you press and squat?

180/100/227.5 S/B/D

My bench is lagging.

I was partly (almost completely) trolling, but on a serious note, if you DB bench the 50s, then your BB bench should be well above 100, probably about 120. Squatting the same as you bench is the sign of a serious imbalance. Very common at my gym but everyone is a bro... (rarely see anyone squat 120 to depth yet plenty of people benching well over 100 for reps).

Quick Reply

Latest