Debdener
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm currently doing the second year of a Law LLB degree at a mid-table University, and I am predicted a mid-2:1. My A-Level grades were D* (legal studies)CC (Business & Media Studies).

I am looking to into teaching, as I have had a slight change of heart, career-wise. I wanted to become a solicitor, initially, but I'd like to make a difference to somebody else's life. I currently tutor three other students and have had positive feedback on my explanation and openness.

I'd ideally like to teach Law or Business Studies at GCSE/A-Level. I acknowledge that there are not many schools who operate Law at GCSE level, thus I'd be quite open to teaching it at A-Level.

Could somebody please give some advice on where to start, and the best way to go about getting a career in teaching, preferably Law?
Debdener
Rep:
?
Bump
Debdener
Rep:
?
Bump!
Debdener
Rep:
?
Bump!
Lisadee88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Your best best for teaching law is a PGCE in Citizenship. Citizenship is a national curriculum subject and has a lot of law based elements as so Law degrees are accepted for the PGCE's. From here, you will be expected to teach Law at A Level (and GCSE) if your placement schools and your eventual employer, should they offer it.

Citizenship is a very interesting subject and has been confirmed as one to stay on the NC for the foreseeable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (142)
17.95%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
26.93%
Not great so far... (283)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (153)
19.34%

Watched Threads