Im Young. I Want To Make The Most Out Of It. Watch

clubber
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi,

I'm currently in my late teens and I feel that I am lazy and not successful.

I feel guilty and bad when others around me are doing well.

For example, one of my cousins have a job and hes younger than me whereas I only work for a family member. I help the family member run a local business.
I'm not sure if I can count it as a job but some of my better cousins (the ones who give a **** about me, live abroad) say that I'm an asset for the local business and that the family member would suffer if I hadn't helped them. They were saying that the family member would have to pay wages to someone else and then would have to have a lot in trust in them- as some workers can damage a businesses reputation or can shoplift. What do you think? Can I count this as a job?

Another thing is that, I can't drive whereas some of the others can and it makes me feel bad. Also I'm a bit overweight, and that puts me off.

The main thing is, I'm young and I can make everything right now. I want to make the most out of my young life before I have kids and have a lot of responsibility..

What are a few things that you would do if you were young?
modini
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think most people on here are 'young', whatever that means.
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you can't drive, why don't you learn to drive? If you're sad about being overweight, why don't you lose weight?

I know how you feel about worrying you're not making the most of life and you're behind everyone else, which just means you've got to keep pushing yourself to get to where you want to be, as well as accept that people live lives in different paces
clubber
Rep:
?
People say to me, your young- enjoy it while you can
ChocoCoatedLemons
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
XD Aren't most of us on here young? The STUDENT Room?

Why don't you do something about it then? Not being harsh, just truthful - you said yourself you can change these things.
miser
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The most important thing to do when you're young is work out what it is you actually want to do with your life. Do not, under any circumstances, let society or peer pressure or random chance determine what your life will be. Work out what you want, then spend your life working towards it. Don't risk regretting not having done something when you had the chance. Don't let the current decide for you - steer your boat.
Maybach
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would put 100 into everything I did no matter how trivial...

Try and reflect more...
And now,I feel pretty happy about my teenage years, only regrets was not going to people's events because I didn't value it much.... Not 100

I try to be myself stick to what I believe in

Try not to let pressure get the better of you...
You are saying how there is competition in terms of some other person having a job...in reality you should concentrate on the business try and make a difference maybe they will resent you afterwards..

I also believe in proving yourself.

I did crap for grades but proved myself in my a levels, which taught me a lot about myself compared to the grades themselves
You want to lose weight? Prove it, or are you going to back out... It may sound harsh, but hit the gym and eat more healthy.

Most of all you should reflect and think about how you can use that, and if it ain't right how will you change that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
truechristian91
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
most people take too much time looking at their problems instead of solving them, so like people above have said, you want to be a better person, then take steps today to start on that road. wanna lose weight? drop and so 10 sit ups and stop eating that mars bar while doing your healthy eating plan. learn to drive? book lessons, or earn the money to get those lessons. little steps each day add up to a lot, even just over a month, let alone a year and beyond.
clubber
Rep:
?
Hopefully, I can at least get my drivers license
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This word has mostly negative connotations - but be selfish! Spend some time working out what you want (not a person!) and begin pursuing it. Have fun along the way too; taking life seriously is a serious waste of time.

I'm 20 (21 in May) and I'm way behind people my age - but now that I've worked out what I want in life I'm happy with the pace I'm moving at.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (123)
65.43%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
20.74%
Yes but I might change my mind (26)
13.83%

Watched Threads