This discussion is closed.
ALevel96
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Anyone else doing/done this assignment and care to share some advice.
super121
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 years ago
What exam board are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ALevel96
Rep:
(Original post by super121)
What exam board are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Edexcel how about you?
super121
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ALevel96)
Edexcel how about you?
I did edexcel too, but this was last year
If you need help on any of it just ask
ALevel96
Rep:
I did edexcel too, but this was last year
If you need help on any of it just ask
I was thinking about doing HIV? I wanted- initially- to pick an abstract topic however found that quite challenging, in terms of finding adequate resources. What suggestions do you have?
What did you do?
Wvat mark/ grade did you get?
super121
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Our teacher told us to do something that you could find lots of data on. She gave us a few suggestions which I could try and fish out for you.
I got full mark on it, just basically have the marking criteria in front if you while doing it and make sure you can give as much detail as possible to cover the points

Posted from TSR Mobile
ALevel96
Rep:
Our teacher told us to do something that you could find lots of data on. She gave us a few suggestions which I could try and fish out for you.
I got full mark on it, just basically have the marking criteria in front if you while doing it and make sure you can give as much detail as possible to cover the points

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that sounds brilliant! And oh really, very well done! what grades did you achieve for unit 1 & 2?
super121
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ALevel96)
Yeah that sounds brilliant! And oh really, very well done! what grades did you achieve for unit 1 & 2?
I got a B for unit 1 and an A for unit 2, i'm more of a coursework person :P

This should help you regarding what you should include: http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocu...dent_guide.pdf

The topic list is really long, but I can scan it in if you're still having problems with choosing a topic.

Suggested headings:
- the problem (this is the title)
- description of the problem
- methods - to investigate the problem
- solution(s) to the problem, including data
- effectiveness of the solution
- implications - ethical, social, economic, environmental (you only need to write about two of these)
- Advantages of the solution (e.g. benefits)
- disadvantages of the solution (e.g. risks)
- alternative solutions with solutions (need to write about two)
- evaluation of sources (need to evaluate two)
- bibliography (must have one non-web source e.g. a book or journal)

I hope this helps, and good luck
Kingboss
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 9 years ago

This should help you regarding what you should include: http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocu...dent_guide.pdf

The topic list is really long, but I can scan it in if you're still having problems with choosing a topic.

Suggested headings:
- implications - ethical, social, economic, environmental (you only need to write about two of these)

Hi, I am also currently doing this coursework. I have a problem with the part which states `methods - to investigate the problem`. Is this like cohort studies and case-control studies used by researchers to look into a problem?? Th
super121
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kingboss)
Hi, I am also currently doing this coursework. I have a problem with the part which states `methods - to investigate the problem`. Is this like cohort studies and case-control studies used by researchers to look into a problem?? Th
Yea
Kingboss
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Yea
Thanks!
becky96
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Yea
I'm confused between the effectiveness of a solution and the advantages of a solution???

Also I think i've got the methods bit wrong, would a type of conservation not be a method? Thanks :-)
becky96
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Also how many methods do we need?
super121
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by becky96)
I'm confused between the effectiveness of a solution and the advantages of a solution???

Also I think i've got the methods bit wrong, would a type of conservation not be a method? Thanks :-)
They are the same thing, just basically how well the solution works e.g. if it's a drug it may slow down the progression of the disease.

Also how many methods do we need?
You need one main one and then two alternatives
becky96
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
They are the same thing, just basically how well the solution works e.g. if it's a drug it may slow down the progression of the disease.

You need one main one and then two alternatives
Thanks, so you do we only mention one method at the beginning (1.2 of criteria) and discuss alternatives at the end (2.3)??
super121
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
Thanks, so you do we only mention one method at the beginning (1.2 of criteria) and discuss alternatives at the end (2.3)??
I haven't got the criteria with me but yea

Posted from TSR Mobile
ALevel96
Rep:
(Original post by Kingboss)
Please elaborate on this further super121.
i am in the process of completing my coursework.
so do you have to explain about what research was done to identify a solution etc?
aniani
Rep:
Report 8 years ago

Suggested headings:

Hi there! Thanks for posting this. I'm a long distance student. I was wondering if I could trouble you to share the list of topics? I could really do with the inspiration!
Parisah Maham
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I don't know what topic to do!!! I'm really stuck!! I want to do a report which has a lot of data! does anyone have a good idea or a list of good topics/investigation titles that I can talk about?
muad1234
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
im really stuck, can you send me it too please?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.34%
The paper was reasonable (134)
37.02%
Not feeling great about that exam... (106)
29.28%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.36%

Watched Threads