The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clh_hilary
Surprisingly TSR seems to agree with the pooling results.

Pooling? Is that different to polling? :smile:
Original post by MatureStudent36
Pooling? Is that different to polling? :smile:

296-1275533490R3dB.jpg

:colondollar:
Original post by clh_hilary
296-1275533490R3dB.jpg

:colondollar:

You need to be careful. The YeSNP supporters will accuse you if not taking things seriously enough and start an online hate campaign against you.
Even if there is a slight win for the no campaign there will be another referendum down the line in which there will be an overwhelming yes! That's after Westminster punish Scotland with cuts for daring to leave.

Not that it matters anyway with England soon to be completely underwater :mmm:
Original post by Jordooooom
Even if there is a slight win for the no campaign there will be another referendum down the line in which there will be an overwhelming yes! That's after Westminster punish Scotland with cuts for daring to leave.

Not that it matters anyway with England soon to be completely underwater :mmm:

Do you have learning difficulties?

The UK isn't going to punish us, although I know your average SNP supporter love to
Portray the oppressed victim card.

You seem to forget some of the floods we've had in Scotland you tool.
You need to be careful. The YeSNP supporters will accuse you if not taking things seriously enough and start an online hate campaign against you.

Well luckily I'm not going to Edinburgh any more than. :tongue:
Do you have learning difficulties?

The UK isn't going to punish us, although I know your average SNP supporter love to
Portray the oppressed victim card.

You seem to forget some of the floods we've had in Scotland you tool.

Are you that retarded that you can't even grasp the simple concept of sarcasm? Deary me. Making yourself to be a right fud here :facepalm:

Oh and by the way, it is genuinely predicted that a large amount of england could be completely underwater within a hundred years time, Scotland isn't.

Then again, that's just a prediction.
Original post by Jordooooom
Even if there is a slight win for the no campaign there will be another referendum down the line

There won't be another referendum for a generation, at least.
Original post by Good bloke

Down the line generally means any time in the future...
Reply 6189
Original post by Good bloke

A government would never hold a referendum it wasn't going to win.

Just like this one :colondollar:
Original post by 1tartanarmy
Well thats your opinion but I don't feel personally that there is an appetite to leave thr EU in Scotland, certainly not as much as there is in England. BBC done a poll last week that showed this.

It isn't about whether there is an appetite to leave or not. The fact is that the EU is heading towards closer integration. For a nation which has just voted for independence from the UK, it would be absurd for us to not have a vote on whether we want to stay in the EU or not.

Even If rUK does not leave the EU we could find ourselves in a right fix. The EU requires all member states to have a central bank. Our central bank would be in a foreign country. Will the EU beak its own rule to let us in?
Original post by Midlander
I thought it wasn't about Scotland v England?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its not for the 3rd time, England is the largest populated country and so England vote ultimately decides which way we will go. I don't need to explain how democracy works do I?
Original post by flugelr
It isn't about whether there is an appetite to leave or not. The fact is that the EU is heading towards closer integration. For a nation which has just voted for independence from the UK, it would be absurd for us to not have a vote on whether we want to stay in the EU or not.

Even If rUK does not leave the EU we could find ourselves in a right fix. The EU requires all member states to have a central bank. Our central bank would be in a foreign country. Will the EU beak its own rule to let us in?

We need independence then from then on in it decisions could be made by Scots. We can't ask questions like that just now as we are bound to the UK. What would be the point in asking people now?
Original post by CFL2013
A government would never hold a referendum it wasn't going to win.

Just like this one :colondollar:

Says who? You speak for Scots then? We will see who "wins" as you put it. Bare in mind this isn't a sporting contest.
Original post by Snagprophet
This is something I posted to /r/Scotland the other day

Very constructive post. Ya eejit.

Calm down there. You havn't let me explain before putting me into the SNP category. I made no claims...please debate with integrity.

I don't agree with it at all, I don't think its right and I don't think it will be allowed to happen. They obviously feel it will.

Still more reasons than not for me to vote yes though!
We need independence then from then on in it decisions could be made by Scots. We can't ask questions like that just now as we are bound to the UK. What would be the point in asking people now?

Why can't we ask questions like that now? Only a muppet would believe Alex Salmond and not ask questions.

The Tory plan is to have a EU referendum in 2017. If Scotland votes for independence, we will need to negotiate with the EU either for membership in the first place or for terms of continued membership.

According to the Yes Scotland camp, negotiations will be done by 2016, therefore a 2017 Scottish EU Referendum would seem sensible.
Reply 6197
Says who? You speak for Scots then? We will see who "wins" as you put it. Bare in mind this isn't a sporting contest.

Ignoring the economic questions I take it?

Just like the SNP lol

When the actual vote comes you'll bottle it. Look at the bookmakers mate, they aren't mugs.
Original post by flugelr
Why can't we ask questions like that now? Only a muppet would believe Alex Salmond and not ask questions.

The Tory plan is to have a EU referendum in 2017. If Scotland votes for independence, we will need to negotiate with the EU either for membership in the first place or for terms of continued membership.

According to the Yes Scotland camp, negotiations will be done by 2016, therefore a 2017 Scottish EU Referendum would seem sensible.

Waste of money for one. If we did ask there is not going to be an edinburgh agreement esque treaty saying if Scotland wants closer integration then we will get it, not if the UK as a whole doesn't

Maybe A to B to C is better than B to A to C. Why ask questions of Scotland when we dont have independence yet. Common sense?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by CFL2013
Ignoring the economic questions I take it?

Just like the SNP lol

When the actual vote comes you'll bottle it. Look at the bookmakers mate, they aren't mugs.

The bookies odds have been shortening for Yes for months now! Trust me I have been following them.

Bottle it? I'm going to go out and vote and accept the decision either way. Whats the big deal here haha?

What economic question have you asked? Be specific for heavens sake. Want to know what its like? Here goes

Explain defence to me?

Now that question...answer it.... do you like the non specificity of it?
(edited 10 years ago)