ChronicBoredom
Badges: 3
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have a P2 exam next week, I do triple science and I am really scared. No one in my class feels ready for this exam- we all did P1 yesterday (which was better than I' d hoped) and everyone thinks they did well... but everyone is sure they're going to fail P2...our teacher condensed ALL the lessons on the life cycle of stars and nuclear fission/fusion into three lessons in one day and half of it she spent making really bad jokes and telling us useless stories. My head is about to explode from all the confusing things she told me.

Are there any good sites, videos, books that are really effective for revision because I am dying here...
Pings
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey
I have got my science unit 2's next week as well and I've been using a combination of our textbook, AQA CGP revision guide and the specification.
I would definitely recommend you have a look at the specification and make sure you know everything on it, and maybe have a go at the specimen paper- if you haven't already.
I'm not sure how your school works, but if you are really struggling on a topic you could just ask your physics teacher to spend a lunch time with you to explain it again...?
Good luck for next week!
shloke123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey man, im doing all 3 Unit 2's next week as well, don't worry about it. I suggest the longman textbook on the aqa gcse science courses, they are really good. The main topics are radiation, circuits, forces and momentum so if you have those 4 topics covered in detail you should bee fine, i have a question though, will the formulas be given to you in the exam (e.g. Momentum = mass x velocity) They were given to you in the earlier specification so i don't see why they shouldnt be given in the 2011 specification. Thank you
ChronicBoredom
(Original post by shloke123)
Hey man, im doing all 3 Unit 2's next week as well, don't worry about it. I suggest the longman textbook on the aqa gcse science courses, they are really good. The main topics are radiation, circuits, forces and momentum so if you have those 4 topics covered in detail you should bee fine, i have a question though, will the formulas be given to you in the exam (e.g. Momentum = mass x velocity) They were given to you in the earlier specification so i don't see why they shouldnt be given in the 2011 specification. Thank you
Oh, thanks . I'll try and study up on those, lol, I've really gotta buckle down this weekend and restrain myself from going out and messing about in the snow... what's left of it anyways.

They will definitely be giving us the equation sheet- without it I'll be getting a U for sure- cause I got it on Thursday for my P1 and there are only like five equations in P1. In P2, there are around fifteen

(Original post by Pings)
Hey
I have got my science unit 2's next week as well and I've been using a combination of our textbook, AQA CGP revision guide and the specification.
I would definitely recommend you have a look at the specification and make sure you know everything on it, and maybe have a go at the specimen paper- if you haven't already.
I'm not sure how your school works, but if you are really struggling on a topic you could just ask your physics teacher to spend a lunch time with you to explain it again...?
Good luck for next week!
Nah, my teacher's INSANE, if I go for lunch, she'll probably end up feeding me chocolate biscuits and telling me what she did on the weekend O.o I went a couple weeks ago after school and she barely did anything, just danced around the classroom and teased all the kids lol.
Pings
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ChronicBoredom)
Nah, my teacher's INSANE, if I go for lunch, she'll probably end up feeding me chocolate biscuits and telling me what she did on the weekend O.o I went a couple weeks ago after school and she barely did anything, just danced around the classroom and teased all the kids lol.
Ahahaha she sounds so fun! Wish we had teachers like that! :') maybe talk to another physics teacher you've had before? if you're more of a visual learner you could see if there are any you-tube videos.. sorry I'm not really being much help, there's not much I can think of because your teacher doesn't seem to have left you a lot of time for revision... we finished all unit 2s started unit 3s in November/December!
If your physics teacher is really bad you could get a tutor to help you with unit 3, just an idea
hope this helps!
ChronicBoredom
(Original post by Pings)
Ahahaha she sounds so fun! Wish we had teachers like that! :') maybe talk to another physics teacher you've had before? if you're more of a visual learner you could see if there are any you-tube videos.. sorry I'm not really being much help, there's not much I can think of because your teacher doesn't seem to have left you a lot of time for revision... we finished all unit 2s started unit 3s in November/December!
If your physics teacher is really bad you could get a tutor to help you with unit 3, just an idea
hope this helps!

Don't get me wrong, she's a bucket-full of fun... but I really need to get some good grades I can't believe you finished it in December. Mine literally just finished the syllabus the other day =.=
Pizza66
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i have the exam on friday too!!! I am soooooo scared I hope you all do well xD
Mrkingpenguin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Official thread for this exam is http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2233532 here guys
Aleena_K
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, go on to youtube and checkout mygcsescience. he is seriously good! There is no way i would get anything above a C if i did not watch his videos!

Hope they help and good luck
qjohir20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How did everyone find it?
engineering134
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by qjohir20)
How did everyone find it?
Hi!

I thought it went well, lots of maths content! Life cycle of stars came up so that's good.
bethangreenwood
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi
I did the exam as well today, I found it alright, I think it went much better than my P1 exam last year , I think I have lost a few marks on some of the equations, especially the last 2 on the last page as when i got out of the exam , all my friends had a different answer.
ibraheemfazaldin
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hi i also sat it today and just wanted to know what you guys got for the question where you had to circle the option about the rate of fusion in small stars and large ones. was the collision theory relevant? please reply asap!!
Mamus817
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't think so I talked about the amount of fuisionable nuclei left
ChronicBoredom
(Original post by ibraheemfazaldin)
hi i also sat it today and just wanted to know what you guys got for the question where you had to circle the option about the rate of fusion in small stars and large ones. was the collision theory relevant? please reply asap!!
I said that rate of fusion is quicker in larger stars because the stars run out of fuel (hydrogen to helium) quicker and therefore die earlier than smaller stars
ChronicBoredom
I found the test easier than I thought it would be but i made some stupid mistakes like forgetting to convert hours into seconds and misreading the frequency of the mains (I put the voltage). stars was basically the only topic I really knew... so all that star stuff was good but I think I'm retaking this one...

did anybody forget to turn over the equation sheet? so many kids in my year did that :/
qjohir20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
OMG this test was the easiest ever! Can't wait for results, hope i do well!
Dalek1099
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have a P2 exam next week, I do triple science and I am really scared. No one in my class feels ready for this exam- we all did P1 yesterday (which was better than I' d hoped) and everyone thinks they did well... but everyone is sure they're going to fail P2...our teacher condensed ALL the lessons on the life cycle of stars and nuclear fission/fusion into three lessons in one day and half of it she spent making really bad jokes and telling us useless stories. My head is about to explode from all the confusing things she told me.

Are there any good sites, videos, books that are really effective for revision because I am dying here...
My teacher only spent two lessons on nuclear fission/fusion and life cycle of stars, 1 lesson on each.
Dalek1099
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I said that rate of fusion is quicker in larger stars because the stars run out of fuel (hydrogen to helium) quicker and therefore die earlier than smaller stars
I put that nuclear fusion is faster in larger stars because they have a shorter main sequence, which means that they run out of hydrogen fuel quicker, which means that the nuclear fusion reactions must happen faster.
dwright123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What did u guys get for the second to last and the third to last question
as i got somthing like 16 million please answer if u can remember thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (114)
17.73%
It's just nice to be back! (177)
27.53%
Not great so far... (229)
35.61%
I want to drop out! (123)
19.13%

Watched Threads