why do employers send responses via post? Watch

blue n white army
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
i find it really annoying when i send off an application and they reply via post even though i've provided my email address and mobile number. If they emailed me i could have the answer much sooner than if they sent a letter. Also for graduate schemes they must realise that people won't be at their home a lot in term time so actually getting hold of the response can be a bit of an pain in the the neck.

I was just wondering if there is an actual practical reason for this or have some companies just not caught up with the times?
Bloodbath
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I dunno. Maybe they are trying to make themselves look more prestigious. If I sent u an offer letter sealed with red candle wax you'd probably think that my company was da bees knees
SillyEddy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Paper always seems a bit more official and perhaps shows that they have a greater consideration for you. I have received a good deal of email applications though.
Pop_tart
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by BabyfacedDom)
i find it really annoying when i send off an application and they reply via post even though i've provided my email address and mobile number. If they emailed me i could have the answer much sooner than if they sent a letter. Also for graduate schemes they must realise that people won't be at their home a lot in term time so actually getting hold of the response can be a bit of an pain in the the neck.

I was just wondering if there is an actual practical reason for this or have some companies just not caught up with the times?
I work in HR and we send out offer letters because they must be signed by the new employee. The letter will have all conditions in it which you must agree with.
blue n white army
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pop_tart)
I work in HR and we send out offer letters because they must be signed by the new employee. The letter will have all conditions in it which you must agree with.
ha i wouldn't know about that cos i only receive rejection letters :P
Pop_tart
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by BabyfacedDom)
ha i wouldn't know about that cos i only receive rejection letters :P
I'm sorry to hear that! If I can offer any advice on your CV or anything else, feel free to contact me
blue n white army
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pop_tart)
I'm sorry to hear that! If I can offer any advice on your CV or anything else, feel free to contact me
thanks for the offer

I think the issue is i'm in one of those situations where i can't get a job cos i haven't had experience buti can't get experience with out a job.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads