Question about the sinuses... Watch

civilstudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have trouble with inflammed nasal passages and sinuses. Ive been on nasal steroid sprays for the past 3 years but had a ct scan and it showed i had sinus polyps/very thick mucousa in one sinus but my nasal passages were fine because of the nasal sprays. Im trying to get rid of the polyps in my sinus too but im wondering do nasal sprays not reach the sinuses? Are they only supposed to help the nasal passages or do they treat sinus polyps too?

Im taking antihistamines daily, probably indefinately to stop and possible allergies that might be causing it. Ive tested negative to allergies but the antihistamines helps the sneezing running nose thing i get in the morning.
Internet Troll
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by civilstudent)
I have trouble with inflammed nasal passages and sinuses. Ive been on nasal steroid sprays for the past 3 years but had a ct scan and it showed i had sinus polyps/very thick mucousa in one sinus but my nasal passages were fine because of the nasal sprays. Im trying to get rid of the polyps in my sinus too but im wondering do nasal sprays not reach the sinuses? Are they only supposed to help the nasal passages or do they treat sinus polyps too?

Im taking antihistamines daily, probably indefinately to stop and possible allergies that might be causing it. Ive tested negative to allergies but the antihistamines helps the sneezing running nose thing i get in the morning.
The steroid spray will not get rid of the polyps - they will have to be surgically removed.
civilstudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Internet Troll)
The steroid spray will not get rid of the polyps - they will have to be surgically removed.
well it has got rid of polyps over the past few years Ive had nasal polyps and after using sprays and drops my nasal passages are clear, its just the sinus.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (86)
67.72%
No I haven't decided yet (25)
19.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
12.6%

Watched Threads