DanielAkintunde
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys. I got an offer from both York and Nottingham and I am not sure on which one to choose for my insurance. Can you guys please tell me which one is better for job prospects, night life, the people and other stuff you think I may need to know. Thank you
DanielAkintunde
Rep:
?
I meant Surrey instead on Nottingham lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
bballkid
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I go Surrey and I can tell u that it has the best level of graduate employment in the country, its probs cos they do 4 year placement years where u go on placement for a year. I now people who study Economics, who r now on placement of ave graduated and who r now working in the bank of England, State Street Bank and other big banks. The uni really helps students, especially those studying subjects like Economics build up employability skills and contacts. They have loads of workshops helping u practice for interviews and improve your CV and they offer u opportunities to go to some of the biggest banks in the world cos they have lots of good contacts in finance. Last year I went to State Street Bank in Canary Wharf and it only cost me a fiver for a ticket.
The uni also has loads of societies for those studying Economics, like SIFE (Students In Free Enterprise), Surrey Entrepreneurs and the Economics society and they have loads of connections to ppl working in the city. Prices for accommodation off campus in 2nd year can be quite expensive ranging from £300-£450 and the price of food, on campus and of it can just be annoying at times, but Guildford does have a Tesco Extra thats open 24/6 closing on Sat night and opening again on Sunday morning. The Night Life can be a bit dead though if your really into raving but the uni has a brand new sports park with some of the best sports facilities in the country. There are also loads of international students from around the world, especially on a course like Economics which is quite cool, cos it means u get to learn loads bout different cultures.
I'm in 2nd year and study Sociology but I know Economics is quite hard in 2nd year cos Surrey does a Bsc in Economics its really Maths based, so it would be gd if u really like it. And in 2nd year they ave to work quite hard, they have exams nearly every other week, its actually quite funny. But its gd though cos its these things that make Economics at Surrey so respected and its probs y its 7th in the country on the guardian league tableshttp://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2012/may/22/university-guide-economics.
The uni also has loads of new accomdation with en-suites and a newly refurbished Library. All in all I think Surrey is a really gd uni overall and for Economic, I hope this answers your question. Gd luck with choosing wat uni to go to.
uniquestions
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by bballkid)
Prices for accommodation off campus in 2nd year can be quite expensive ranging from £300-£450
Is that per month? cause on campus you would pay 400ish but then again that doesnt include water, heating electricity etc..
Dan1909
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by uniquestions)
Is that per month? cause on campus you would pay 400ish but then again that doesnt include water, heating electricity etc..
The on campus costs definitely do include water, heating, internet, etc.

Edit - But yes, those prices will be per month. Generally the cost of houses range from £75 for a box room, up to an average of around £90-100 per week, but some are more depending on the house, excluding bills .
DanielAkintunde
Rep:
?
Thank you

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
bballkid
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've found this interesting website that compares courses at different unis with each other, based on employment prospectus, overall satisfaction of course, etc and I thought u might find it interesting to compare Economics at Surrey to Economics at York. Anyway here's the link:
http://unistats.direct.gov.uk/Compare-Courses

Hope this helps u in choosing what uni u want to study Economics at.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads