shanej13
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello, How do you get straight A's in GCSEs? What are your tips? I am currently doing

English Lang
Mathematics
Science Double
RE Full
Electronics
French
Psychology
ICT OCR
patelanisha
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's simple. Just study hard.

Go through plenty of past papers as if you are taking the actual exam to get the most practice.

If you are stuck on anything, ask someone for help - don't think it doesn't matter.
t()m
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Past papers are the key and not being afraid to ask for help that's the key.

Posted from TSR Mobile
BI0
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So many of these threads have been made that you can find easily with the search function!
Revise. Past papers. That's it, and it's all that the people on TSR can tell you. Everyone learns differently, you should decide for yourself how to get those grades
SillyEddy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Try to read the markschemes. It's unfortunate, but you do have to learn to pass the exams. You may be rewarded for writing a certain equation, or using a particular phrase. If you don't include it, you could miss out on a couple of easy marks. Understand what you're actually being examined on and your marks will go up.

I did a resit of GCSE chemistry back in the day, and I was currently getting Cs and it was dragging my overall average down. In the weeks leading up to the exam, I did all the past papers several times over and I took them to my teacher whenever I got a question wrong. I think I needed 90% to get an A overall for science, and I managed to get full marks instead. It was literally a case of beating the past papers to a pulp.
GAB
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by shanej13)
Hello, How do you get straight A's in GCSEs? What are your tips? I am currently doing

English Lang
Mathematics
Science Double
RE Full
Electronics
French
Psychology
ICT OCR
Revise well. Do a lot of past papers. Its not too difficult, it just takes quite a bit of effort. For French, do a lot of work.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S6500
feathermoon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Straight As shouldnt be ur goal - ur goal should be doing the best YOU can do. Well im kinda boased coz i gt the as and a stars but still u shouldnt worry as long as u know u did ur best
midnighteyes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's really different for each person. For example:

I got straight A/A*s in GCSE with little 'notes and textbook' revision but by just doing 3 past papers in each subject. I found that for GCSE, this was enough to be familiar enough with what you have to write for each topic to get marks, especially in science subjects.

Also I found that just paying attention in class 90% of the time helps, so that revision is just revision of what you know, not learning from scratch.

Cramming is also not helpful. If you feel like you are one of those people who cannot revise, do past papers or get a revision guide and literally read through it, so it feels less like revising. Cramming works to some extent but you're better off being on the safe side a starting a few days earlier.
Remember to focus on the subjects/topics you find harder and do not leave them to the last minute. You can cram the topics you get much easier than the ones you have no clue about!

Good luck with your exams!
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Cramming can work. Just not for every subject, especially English language. AQA geography was just cramming to get an easy a*
t()m
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Identify your strengths and weakness and spread the work out to compensate your strengths/ weaknesses

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (65)
65.66%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
21.21%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
13.13%

Watched Threads