My Mac keeps turning itself off! Watch

SDavis123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys, I'm having problems with my mac sometimes the screen just randomly decides to turn itself off and you can't turn it back on from the button behind the screen although the computer is still turned on though because you can hear music playing

Then there's the turning it on, when the above happens you have to turn it off by turning the socket off (which can't be good for it right). The other situation is when I turn it back on after shutting it down you have to press the button behind the screen several times until it turns on.

I think it could possibly be an issue with me using the sleep button too often but idk

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Educate95
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SDavis123)
Hi guys, I'm having problems with my mac sometimes the screen just randomly decides to turn itself off and you can't turn it back on from the button behind the screen although the computer is still turned on though because you can hear music playing

Then there's the turning it on, when the above happens you have to turn it off by turning the socket off (which can't be good for it right). The other situation is when I turn it back on after shutting it down you have to press the button behind the screen several times until it turns on.

I think it could possibly be an issue with me using the sleep button too often but idk

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey there. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble. Have you had it long? Did you do anything differently when the problem started? I'd say phone an Apple Store and ask for there advice, or maybe try taking it into the store and seeing if someone can take a look at it. Good luck.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Are you doing anything or is it idle when the monitor goes off?
SDavis123
Rep:
?
(Original post by OU Student)
Are you doing anything or is it idle when the monitor goes off?
Yh I'm usually doing things when it does it, but it's weird that its only the screen that turns itself off because you can still hear music playing :/
jcholzz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Try this.
1. Go to system preferences
2. Click energy saver (under hardware)

Now look and see what your computer sleep and display sleep times are set at. Having your computer sleep set at a low time may explain your problem. I personally have my computer sleep set at 1hr, and display sleep set at 15min. If you adjust these and it keeps happening, make an appointment at the apple store to sort it out. They WILL NOT charge you for this unless parts need to be repaired.
Hope I helped!

Posted from TSR Mobile
SDavis123
Rep:
?
(Original post by jcholzz)
Try this.
1. Go to system preferences
2. Click energy saver (under hardware)

Now look and see what your computer sleep and display sleep times are set at. Having your computer sleep set at a low time may explain your problem. I personally have my computer sleep set at 1hr, and display sleep set at 15min. If you adjust these and it keeps happening, make an appointment at the apple store to sort it out. They WILL NOT charge you for this unless parts need to be repaired.
Hope I helped!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Repped!
Ok I'll give it a go thanks
HK786
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
*tuts* "should have gone to specsavers"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads