Temporarily attaching fabric to a hoodie Watch

Psyk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Apologies if this is in the wrong place, it's not something I normally ask about.

I'm going to a fancy dress party later and for my costume I want to stick some white fabric (cut from a cheap T-shirt) onto a red hoodie. But I don't want to ruin the hoodie.

At the moment I've done it with sellotape and it seems to hold ok, but not brilliantly, plus it looks a bit of a mess. It will do if I can't find a better solution.

Anyone know a decent, easy way to do this?
ArtGoblin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hand stitch it on then you can just undo the stitches when you're done.
Psyk
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArtGoblin)
Hand stitch it on then you can just undo the stitches when you're done.
Well I was hoping for some sort of adhesive because I doubt I can sew I did it at school but that was over a decade ago now.

Also, I don't have a sewing kit. But then again I'd have to go out and buy some glue/tape or whatever anyway.
LinzyLoo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I second the sewing idea. You only need a needle and thread, and you don't need to be good at it or know any particular technique! Just make it up as you go along, that's what I do. In and out, simple! Don't use white thread on a white patch of cloth - go for a slightly darker shade like light blue so that you can easily find the stitches afterwards to pull them out.
Psyk
Rep:
?
(Original post by LinzyLoo)
I second the sewing idea. You only need a needle and thread, and you don't need to be good at it or know any particular technique! Just make it up as you go along, that's what I do. In and out, simple! Don't use white thread on a white patch of cloth - go for a slightly darker shade like light blue so that you can easily find the stitches afterwards to pull them out.
Thanks, that's probably what I'll do next time. Unfortunately I left it too late this time, I just went out with it stuck on with tape

It held up the entire night, just about. I looked like a complete ****, but I was dressed up as a power ranger, so that's to be expected.
LinzyLoo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Psyk)
Thanks, that's probably what I'll do next time. Unfortunately I left it too late this time, I just went out with it stuck on with tape

It held up the entire night, just about. I looked like a complete ****, but I was dressed up as a power ranger, so that's to be expected.
Nice :sexface:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.3%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.09%
Not great so far... (257)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.72%

Watched Threads