lloydy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys,

I am currently in the process of writing a personal statement for my LPC application and had a few queries.

1) It is indicated that we may write something up to 10,000 characters although is this really necessary...? My first draft has approximately 600+ words (i.e. 3600 characters) and I think it is more than enough in terms of explaining why I should attend the course etc. Any thoughts?

2) Is the personal statement a big deal? Of course I will write it the best way I can but do I need to spend ages on it...? How much emphasis do law schools place on it?

3) I do not have a TC - hence the reason why I am focusing on the personal statement. Is it difficult to obtain a place for a law school in London starting in September 2013 if I apply at this time of the year?

Thank you very much
jjarvis
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That length is fine. No, your ps doesn't much matter. As long as you can pay they'll probably take you. It's not particularly competitive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
h-g-1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lloydy)
Hi guys,

I am currently in the process of writing a personal statement for my LPC application and had a few queries.

1) It is indicated that we may write something up to 10,000 characters although is this really necessary...? My first draft has approximately 600+ words (i.e. 3600 characters) and I think it is more than enough in terms of explaining why I should attend the course etc. Any thoughts?

2) Is the personal statement a big deal? Of course I will write it the best way I can but do I need to spend ages on it...? How much emphasis do law schools place on it?

3) I do not have a TC - hence the reason why I am focusing on the personal statement. Is it difficult to obtain a place for a law school in London starting in September 2013 if I apply at this time of the year?

Thank you very much
Your PS has absolutely nothing to do with you getting on the course. What you have now is probably sufficient. Like jjarvis says - as long as you can pay the deposit and haven't just done this "asjdfhkjsadhakf;kdsjflk;asdflkj sadfkdsfjklsadjf" on the PS section of your application, you will get a place.

Getting a TC is not a prerequisite to getting a place on the LPC, hence why you shouldn't think that law schools care whether or not you have a TC or will get a TC. All they care about are getting numbers filled with people that are willing to pay for the course regardless of whether they will realistically be able to obtain a TC at all.

In summary - you have nothing to worry about. Submit the application and pay the deposit and your place is pretty much guaranteed.
lloydy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thanks for your input guys - very much appreciated have a great week end!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (61)
67.03%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
20.88%
Yes but I might change my mind (11)
12.09%

Watched Threads