LukeLuke88
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello!

I got a conditional offer from the University of Westminster about 3 days ago, so when I viewed my tracking page on UCAS it said:
University of Westminster - Conditional Offer - Last update: 16 January.
I also read the letter with everything I had to do to be admitted

Now the offer is gone. It's like they've never given me the offer, the tracking page on UCAS says:
University of Westminster - - Last update: 13 January.

By the way, 13 January is the day I sent my application. Does anyone know how is this possible? It was a mistake giving me the offer in the first place or they've retired it?

Thank you
SakuraBlossom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The best thing to do would be to contact UCAS and ask them. As far as I know, an offer can't just disappear. You could try logging in with a different browser,but I doubt it's a computer error.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wait until Monday and see if the system updates itself, then if it hasnt reappeared, phone UCAS and they can sort it out for you.

Dont panic. Its simply a data error.
LukeLuke88
Rep:
?
Haha, I didn't panic, I was just surprised!

Thanks to the both of you, is there anyone else who has already experienced a similar situation?
Clare~Bear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Simple question, but did you try refreshing the page/ logging out and back in again?

Some sites such as TSR are aweful with me. Even though i've seen a 'newer' version of the page it usually shows me an older version, especially on threads.
LukeLuke88
Rep:
?
(Original post by Clare~Bear)
Simple question, but did you try refreshing the page/ logging out and back in again?

Some sites such as TSR are aweful with me. Even though i've seen a 'newer' version of the page it usually shows me an older version, especially on threads.
Yes I tried, nothing changed.
does anyone know where I can contact Ucas by email?
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Phone them. That way you can get a clear answer on the phone there and then.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LukeLuke88)
Yes I tried, nothing changed.
does anyone know where I can contact Ucas by email?
You can't - if they want you to email you then they give you a specific address. If you need to contact them then you have to phone.

As ever with phoning any organisation about your uni application - ask for the name and job title of the person you speak to, write it down somewhere (even just in an email to yourself) along with the date/time and what they said. It's amazing the difference in the quality of advice you get when the person you're speaking to knows they will be held accountable plus if you've got a record it makes it easier to iron out any mistakes.
LukeLuke88
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
You can't - if they want you to email you then they give you a specific address. If you need to contact them then you have to phone.

As ever with phoning any organisation about your uni application - ask for the name and job title of the person you speak to, write it down somewhere (even just in an email to yourself) along with the date/time and what they said. It's amazing the difference in the quality of advice you get when the person you're speaking to knows they will be held accountable plus if you've got a record it makes it easier to iron out any mistakes.
Thanks, that's reallygreat advice you gave me here!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (53)
25.6%
No (154)
74.4%

Watched Threads