The Student Room Group

Official AQA GCSE Biology Unit 2 22nd Janurary NEW SPEC

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by lolface32
It asked how cell A and ribosomes work together, you had to. Cell's go through protein synthesis, mitochondria give energy, energy is used for when amino acids join together to make a protein. None of the genetic code stuff!

I said that the mitochondria provide energy for the ribosomes to join DNA bases etc... then I outlined the process of synthesis of proteins.

Is that ok?
Reply 421
Original post by popburrow
why does the cell need 23 chromosomes?

i wrote because all body cell have 46 chromosomes and the fusion of gametes can only lead up to 46 chromosomes. and just to squeeze in, i added to sexually reproduce to cause genetic variety.

I wrote any less than 46 or more would result in the offspring not having a full set of chromosomes. This will lead to the genetic code being wrongly coded.
Original post by lolface32
It asked how cell A and ribosomes work together, you had to. Cell's go through protein synthesis, mitochondria give energy, energy is used for when amino acids join together to make a protein. None of the genetic code stuff!

i didnt mention mitochondria :frown:
Seriously your a sad ****, why come in this brilliant forum where people help each other with revision and post false information ? if you wanna troll do it in real life; you'll probably get beaten up and have your balls fed to you.

Every one report this sad person who has probably got a ****ty C in compariosn with alot of you who always get A/A*
Reply 424
Original post by ThatGirlx
No, you could actually talk about other tissues including the palisade tissues and the guard or stomata..
In the specification it specifically mentions mesophyll, xylem and phloem and epidermal, but only as EXAMPLES.. So they probably will allow more, especially as its a 6 marker meaning lots of answers!

Yeah, I agree about the grade boundaries!
& same, I got 50% too
What did you get for the question before that? Heterozygous?

And lastly, for the question about how oxygen gets from the blood to the mitochondria..
I wrote something like:
The oxygen moves from a high concentration in the blood to a low concentration in the cell which is down the concentration gradient. The oxygen passes through a partially permeable membrane..

Was it 3 or 4 marks? If you remember?
Best of luck on your results though, I'm sure you'll be fine, I think they'll be out March the 10th :biggrin:

It was heterozygous and I'm sure it was a 3 mark! And yeah, the 6 mark asked for structure of leaf AND tissue, it was piss easy!
Reply 425
Original post by Midnight1811
Seriously your a sad ****, why come in this brilliant forum where people help each other with revision and post false information ? if you wanna troll do it in real life; you'll probably get beaten up and have your balls fed to you.

Every one report this sad person who has probably got a ****ty C in compariosn with alot of you who always get A/A*

What school do you go to? XD
Reply 426
For the protein synthesis, I said that the mitochondria provide energy for it, then I outlined the process of protein synthesis, is this correct?
Original post by tohaaaa
I put:

"The oxygen moves into Part A via diffusion, this is due to there being a lower concentration of oxygen in the cell and a higher concentration of oxygen in the blood, this means the oxygen molecules will move down the concentration gradient across a partially permeable membrane into the mitochondria"

How many marks would that get>

I'd say 2 marks if the mark scheme isn't too picky, but Biology tends to be harsh when it comes to marking, you definitely put the correct info. :smile:
Reply 428
Picture1.jpg

tis is y the answer cannot be 50% for the punet square questionn. it has to be 75 as two parents who have the disorder form 3 affected alleles. i'm still unsure thoughh
Reply 429
Picture1.jpg

tis is y the answer cannot be 50% for the punet square questionn. it has to be 75 as two parents who have the disorder form 3 affected alleles. i'm still unsure thoughh

But the question was on person 7 and 8???
Reply 430
Picture1.jpg

You're wrong. The woman was not affected by the disorder so she was recessive homozygous (d,d) not (D,d)
Reply 431
i wrote higher temperatures, fast enzyme reactions
i wrote using enzymes is cheaper

WOW! that guy is such a idoit!:colonhash:
But, for that question can you write about like, less enzymes would be needed hence, it would be cheaper to produce the enzyme.. ? I think I got the most of the things! :smile:
Reply 432
Original post by Arshii
But, for that question can you write about like, less enzymes would be needed hence, it would be cheaper to produce the enzyme.. ? I think I got the most of the things! :smile:

For that one (about the Trypsin 35 degrees)

I put that as the enzyme is at the optimum temperature, less enzyme is required so it's cheaper etc....
Reply 433
Original post by Arshii

absolutely, i would've wrote that.
Reply 434
sorry guys, i got confused. i just wanted to know, how did you the alleles for person 7? it could've been HH or Hh, couldn't it have?
Reply 435
Is what I put valid??

"For that one (about the Trypsin 35 degrees)

I put that as the enzyme is at the optimum temperature, less enzyme is required so it's cheaper etc...."
Picture1.jpg

You got it wrong! It never asked for the genetic diagram of 1 and 2. It asked for the genetic diagram of 7 and 8:

Untitled.png
During the exam on the 6 marker i started going on about the whats in a plant cell and when i filled all the space in it said tissues so i crammed all the tissue stuff in.Will i get the marks
Reply 438
Original post by shibucool
You got it wrong! It never asked for the genetic diagram of 1 and 2. It asked for the genetic diagram of 7 and 8:

Untitled.png

but how do you know the alleles for 7 is not HH or Hh, both of them show affected alleles.
Reply 439
but how do you know the alleles for 7 is not HH or Hh, both of them show affected alleles.

Person 7 is Hh as he has the disorder AND he can product UNAFFECTED offspring with Person 8

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending