The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Farhan96
Actually true probably around 42/41. But this exam was easier than june 2012 and a* was 49 then and A was 39!
I thought this exam was a lot harder than the June 2012. I took it as a mock and got 58/60. Don't think i've gotten anywhere near that on this exam. :frown:
Reply 401
Original post by DanTheMan358
I thought this exam was a lot harder than the June 2012. I took it as a mock and got 58/60. Don't think i've gotten anywhere near that on this exam. :frown:

Hmmmmm what questions did you think you lost marks on?
Reply 402
The question about the blue crystals, did you get it by filtering? or crystallization, if it was crystallization then OMG! :angry:
Reply 403
Original post by Artsy
The question about the blue crystals, did you get it by filtering? or crystallization, if it was crystallization then OMG! :angry:

You remove the excess copper oxide by filtration but you get the crystals of the salt by crystallisation.
Reply 404
Original post by ACarter8
did you have to discard the anomaly for the mean?

My chemistry teacher went through the paper with me a few hours after it and he said yes, we all put 35 as we didn't and eh thinks that will warrant 1 mark and you will only get 2 for 32! I found the paper really hard :s-smilie:
Reply 405
You remove the excess copper oxide by filtration but you get the crystals of the salt by crystallisation.

Or evaporation
Reply 406
For the first question, writing something like "The reaction forms products. The products make the solution cloudy" get any marks out of the two? And for the question which asked to suggest why you increased the temperature in step 1 of the reaction, was the answer to increase the reaction rate or the reaction is endothermic?
Hmmmmm what questions did you think you lost marks on?

Tbh as far as I can think of the a few 1 markers. The first question with the mean and the anomalous data (if that proves to be correct), the question asking the number of electrons in iodines outer shell, me be silly tried to count them instead of realising halogen is a halogen. And the asking for the ionic equation... had no idea what an ionic equation was so I put
(Na+OH-)+(H+Cl-) ---> (Na+Cl-) + (H+OH-), I then wrote the worded equation below.

I think the answer was just H+ + OH- --> H2O
Original post by Rohan97
For the first question, writing something like "The reaction forms products. The products make the solution cloudy" get any marks out of the two? And for the question which asked to suggest why you increased the temperature in step 1 of the reaction, was the answer to increase the reaction rate or the reaction is endothermic?

I recall writing endothermic, I could be wrong...
Reply 409

It was a one marker, I put filtration in one then evaporation in other o.o
Reply 410
Does the anomaly result matter? Will someone's teacher complain, it is a bit harsh of AQA

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 411
Original post by Artsy

I put both...:/

Reply 412
For Cu3N I only got the ratio...how may marks will I get?

Tbh as far as I can think of the a few 1 markers. The first question with the mean and the anomalous data (if that proves to be correct), the question asking the number of electrons in iodines outer shell, me be silly tried to count them instead of realising halogen is a halogen. And the asking for the ionic equation... had no idea what an ionic equation was so I put
(Na+OH-)+(H+Cl-) ---> (Na+Cl-) + (H+OH-), I then wrote the worded equation below.

I think the answer was just H+ + OH- --> H2O

the answer was H2O (reversible reaction sign) H+ + OH- according to my chem teacher
Reply 414
I recall writing endothermic, I could be wrong...

It was a precipitation reaction so the substance small particles were suspended in the solution.

Original post by BLTontour
It was a precipitation reaction so the substance small particles were suspended in the solution.

We're talking about the question that asked why it was heated.
Original post by grammar12
the answer was H2O (reversible reaction sign) H+ + OH- according to my chem teacher

Ah well... it was one mark right? I hope.
Reply 417
We're talking about the question that asked why it was heated.

What was the question?

Reply 418
Ah well... it was one mark right? I hope.

EVERYONE I know got H+ + 0H- = H20. That is the neutralisation in the syllabus and revision guides.

Reply 419
Original post by Artsy
It was a one marker, I put filtration in one then evaporation in other o.o

Same

Latest

Trending

Trending