The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
For me to make an unofficial marks scheme, I'de need to know the questions? feel free to try and recreate the question paper.. or find a copy somewhere...
Reply 521
Original post by IsaacIIV
For me to make an unofficial marks scheme, I'de need to know the questions? feel free to try and recreate the question paper.. or find a copy somewhere...

Only ones I can think of:

1i). Something about oil leaking from a car and what force causes the oil droplets to fall to the ground.

1ii). Points A and B with dots representing the oil droplets closely together and eventually spreading out closer to point B.

I can remember some of the other questions but not the question number for them.
Reply 522
guys
i got 0.22 for the pd one-where it starts ..... will i get a mark??
i got 1.67 will i get full marks?
nd i wrote weight instead if gravity?
For the question about the two problems about the circuit: I put 'The voltmeter should have been across the diode not the ammeter', also the for the first question most people put 'gravity', and I'm nearly 100% sure that's correct and most definitely not wrong.
Reply 524
Original post by Rajsab
guys

I should imagine 0.22 would be accepted as a range of 0.2-0.22.
Apparently 1.67 is wrong and it's 1.7 however I got 1.66 and didn't round up (stupid me).
Reply 525
Original post by Rajsab
guys

you'll get the marks for 0.22 as there will probably be a range 0.2 - 0.25
alas, it's likely a mark will be deducted for 1.67, as the question asks specifically for 2sf.
As far as i'm concerned, weight is the FORCE on an object DUE TO GRAVITY, and gravity is not the force, hence the previously mentioned N/kg unit, but i'm not certain on this
I'm confused now was the first answer Gravity or Air Resistance? Someone please explain?
Original post by Ms_laviscount
I'm confused now was the first answer Gravity or Air Resistance? Someone please explain?

The first answer on the test was gravity
Reply 528

what was the question
Thank you :smile:
Thank you :smile:

You're welcome!
Original post by IsaacIIV
what was the question

Explain why the oil hits the road
Reply 532
Original post by shibucool
Explain why the oil hits the road

due to it having a weight... although having said that, it must also have a mass too, and for that matter gravity.
I think the question more specifically asks for the force that causes this, which is weight
You know the question that asked why the star is stable or something. I said that the force of gravity and acting on it and the force of radiation acting oppositely makes the force equal. Is that even right? :colondollar:
Reply 534
Why is a main sequence star stable:
because the outwards force of fusion (created by the heat fusion produces) is matched by the inwards force of gravity, and thus, the star has reached equilibria(not expanding or collapsing).
For the question about the two problems about the circuit: I put 'The voltmeter should have been across the diode not the ammeter'- Is that correct :colondollar:?
Reply 536
I think I might be resitting P2 considering a lot of the answers I put aren't correct according to everyone else.
Reply 537
Original post by infamous123
For the question about the two problems about the circuit: I put 'The voltmeter should have been across the diode not the ammeter'- Is that correct :colondollar:?

well, i got the same answer, although i worded mine a bit more scientifically... the ammeter should be connected in SERIES, the voltmeter should be connected in PARALLEL to the diode, but hopefully you'll get the mark anyway
Reply 538
Will gravitational potential energy gain a mark for the first question?
Reply 539
Original post by caplusgm
Will gravitational potential energy gain a mark for the first question?

In all honestly, I doubt it, sorry...

Latest