The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by Dalek1099
Loving those grade boundaries-hope they are real:woo:The grade boundaries are going to shoot up this paper wasn't comparable to June's.

What do you think an A will be? 40? I predict 42 to be honest :s-smilie:
Reply 941
m8 u know on the question wen it said 'Name the faults in the circuit', would 1) The Ammeter is connected in parallel and the voltmeter is connected in series

and

2) The resisitor is not connected properly

get 2 marks??
Original post by Shibar
m8 u know on the question wen it said 'Name the faults in the circuit', would 1) The Ammeter is connected in parallel and the voltmeter is connected in series

and

get 2 marks??

How was the resistor not connected properly?
Reply 943
is my second point rite though, i guessed it because one end of the wire of the circuit was attached to the top of one end of the variable resistor and the other end of the wire was connected to the bottom of the other end of the resistor.
Original post by lolface32
What do you think an A will be? 40? I predict 42 to be honest :s-smilie:

I predict CAP:56 A*-48 A-40 B-33 C-26 D-20 E-17-the grade boundaries are going to be harsh but not that harsh
Reply 945
Original post by Shibar

and

get 2 marks??

No, the ammeter and voltmeter were the only problems!
Reply 946
because one end of the wire of the circuit was attached to the top of one end of the variable resistor and the other end of the wire was connected to the bottom of the other end of the resistor.
Reply 947
I predict CAP:56 A*-48 A-40 B-33 C-26 D-20 E-17-the grade boundaries are going to be harsh but not that harsh

Yeah, if even those marks :biggrin:
Reply 948
Original post by Shibar
because one end of the wire of the circuit was attached to the top of one end of the variable resistor and the other end of the wire was connected to the bottom of the other end of the resistor.

why would you do that, the only problems were the ones you mentioned :frown:
Maybe they wont be to harsh on you!

I would be surprised if a* is above 50
Reply 950
the resistor was not connected properly though?

It was a lot easier than June's paper and the thing is I knew I was doing easier questions than January's but I could still do January's so its unfair on me, offering weaker questions than ones I could do like realising to do kinetic energy calculations on the paper and the rearranging of the equation:frown:
Reply 952
It was a lot easier than June's paper and the thing is I knew I was doing easier questions than January's but I could still do January's so its unfair on me, offering weaker questions than ones I could do like realising to do kinetic energy calculations on the paper and the rearranging of the equation:frown:

i know what you mean, if i did the june P2 paper i think i would get a good grade due to the grade boundaries. but now, even knowing you've done well, there's still a fear of high gb.

can you please tell me how u found out the isa grade boundaries for the isas submitted last year? will it be the same gb for this year? so far ive done two isas and got 46 in one and 48 in the other, would that be 100ums?
Reply 953
Original post by a123a
i know what you mean, if i did the june P2 paper i think i would get a good grade due to the grade boundaries. but now, even knowing you've done well, there's still a fear of high gb.

can you please tell me how u found out the isa grade boundaries for the isas submitted last year? will it be the same gb for this year? so far ive done two isas and got 46 in one and 48 in the other, would that be 100ums?

Yep! 43 was 100 UMS for me!
Reply 954
Original post by Shibar
the resistor was not connected properly though?

was there a resistor? if a variable resistor was there wouldn't it have been pointless to ask us to draw a symbol of it? i thought there was a diode, cell, switch, ammeter and voltmeter. Or do u mean the cell was in the wrong way around?
Reply 955
Yep! 43 was 100 UMS for me!

ahh well done, so u've done all ur isas? (if doing triple)
that seems quite low, i thought 45 was just be an a*, and like 48 just perhaps being 100ums, but 43 as 100!:biggrin: not complaining though!
Original post by a123a

46 and 48 should be 100 UMS but they could mark them down -my science teacher said that they were marked down by quite a bit but I got 47 so I was safe for 100 UMS.
Reply 957
i said the resistor was not connected properly for my second point. Would that get me a mark
Reply 958
46 and 48 should be 100 UMS but they could mark them down -my science teacher said that they were marked down by quite a bit but I got 47 so I was safe for 100 UMS.

did ur mark drop to a lower mark? marks drop after moderation right?
Original post by a123a
did ur mark drop to a lower mark? marks drop after moderation right?

Marks can rise or drop from moderation , my science teacher said that the marks were marked down but because of the grade boundaries it had no effect on me:colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending