Is this method of revision effective since exams only test memory Watch

pinkmama
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I was thinking for all my courses (essay based) i am going to write essays for all the past paper questions then send them to my teacher for feedback then correct them using the feedback, memorise them all ready for the exam? Do you reckon i'll be able to get at least a grade B or above?
Loiks94
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by pinkmama)
I was thinking for all my courses (essay based) i am going to write essays for all the past paper questions then send them to my teacher for feedback then correct them using the feedback, memorise them all ready for the exam? Do you reckon i'll be able to get at least a grade B or above?
I think the most memory based exams would be the science based ones like unit 1 chemistry and biology, but even so you will have some how science work questions and will need to use your own initiative. For courses like History or English lit i would presume you could do the same, just memorise the key information for example for English lit just remember the quotes on sections they may test you on, a little different with History as they may test on anything over the course so it would be best to memorize everything so you are comfortable in the exam. Past papers are always a good idea, so yes do them and ask for feedback/ check mark schemes but be prepared as they will most likely ask a question never asked before but may be similar.
jeddows
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How many different essay titles are there? Because if there are a lot, do you think you can memorise them all accurately?
It's probably better to learn the essay techniques and the topic, so you can write an essay that you haven't prepared for.
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Probably not, exam boards have realised that people do this and so mix things up every once in a while to catch people out, this includes acceptable answers in the mark scheme alongside unexpected questions.

And if you're currently in year 12 it will make things more difficult during your A2 year as you will have a more exams to memorise essays for and that may lead to a drop in grade or you may resort to actively answering the essay during the exam and your skill at doing this won't be as developed as it could be.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (144)
60.25%
No I haven't decided yet (54)
22.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (41)
17.15%

Watched Threads