Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone emailed unis about your results? Is this blatant arse licking to say you got good UMS marks or can they see that themselves ie from Jan exam results?

I got a few 100%'s but was too modest to mention them in my personal statement, having been rejected by 2 good unis i wished i put it, so should i email the one that is yet to reply? Or is this like adding to your personal statement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmoneypenny)
    Has anyone emailed unis about your results? Is this blatant arse licking to say you got good UMS marks or can they see that themselves ie from Jan exam results?

I got a few 100%'s but was too modest to mention them in my personal statement, having been rejected by 2 good unis i wished i put it, so should i email the one that is yet to reply? Or is this like adding to your personal statement?
    If they are the marks you got for the resits just done...then i'd say tell all the unis!!! It can't hurt to let them know how well you did!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    If they are the marks you got for the resits just done...then i'd say tell all the unis!!! It can't hurt to let them know how well you did!

G
    what about just unit 4's that some places did in Jan? same? who do you email and what would you put?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyluck)
    what about just unit 4's that some places did in Jan? same? who do you email and what would you put?
    Hmmmm...i'd still email them....to let them know you're on course for a good grade....cos i doubt any uni will decide against you for being too keen!!! Email the admissions office and tell them your name, UCAS ref nad unit taken and mark out of max.

Btw- still waiting??

G

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm...i'd still email them....to let them know you're on course for a good grade....cos i doubt any uni will decide against you for being too keen!!! Email the admissions office and tell them your name, UCAS ref nad unit taken and mark out of max.

Btw- still waiting??

G
    Yeah unfortunately so, i really want to go to notts but its looking really bleak as loads ppl on here have been given the thumbs down. I dint want to look tragic if i emailed. Tho it sounds like other ppl are having the same thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah unfortunately so, i really want to go to notts but its looking really bleak as loads ppl on here have been given the thumbs down. I dint want to look tragic if i emailed. Tho it sounds like other ppl are having the same thoughts.
    I'd go for it...like i said before....i can't see how doing it will hurt your appllication. Also...don't worry...many people have already been rejected, which means you still have a chance of making the cut.

Have you got any other offers as of yet??

G

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for it...like i said before....i can't see how doing it will hurt your appllication. Also...don't worry...many people have already been rejected, which means you still have a chance of making the cut.

Have you got any other offers as of yet??

G
    Got AAB from Birm, AB from Lancaster and 300pts from Hull = ABC or BBB
    But im sure ive mentioned to you before that if i had to do it all again i would have picked different places.

Im my results i got AAAB. A for sociology with 100%, A for law - only being a few marks clear. A for bio unit 3 resit 106/120. And B for bio unit 4 - 2 marks off an A. Which for bio i was pleased with cus i hate it!.

Would it be wise to mention these to examiners with law being only just an A, and Bio being a B? (but for bio with my AS grades i have bought myself some safety.)

ReputationRep:
    Got AAB from Birm, AB from Lancaster and 300pts from Hull = ABC or BBB
    But im sure ive mentioned to you before that if i had to do it all again i would have picked different places.

Im my results i got AAAB. A for sociology with 100%, A for law - only being a few marks clear. A for bio unit 3 resit 106/120. And B for bio unit 4 - 2 marks off an A. Which for bio i was pleased with cus i hate it!.

Would it be wise to mention these to examiners with law being only just an A, and Bio being a B? (but for bio with my AS grades i have bought myself some safety.)
    I'd definitely mention the 100% mod and the bio resit....thosea re great results...well done!! Maybe not the B in bio though...as even though overall you stand on a A...they may hold the slightly lower mod mark against you.

G

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely mention the 100% mod and the bio resit....thosea re great results...well done!! Maybe not the B in bio though...as even though overall you stand on a A...they may hold the slightly lower mod mark against you.

G
    I just tried to reply but the stupid server was busy!! AARGH!

Thanks for the reply, its really nice of you to give me the encouragement.
    I will think it over during the weekend, but im more inclined not to. Does ucas get updated on a saturday? I doubt it cus its not standard office hours, anyone know?

That means waiting til monday ...sigh.

ReputationRep:
    I just tried to reply but the stupid server was busy!! AARGH!

Thanks for the reply, its really nice of you to give me the encouragement.
    I will think it over during the weekend, but im more inclined not to. Does ucas get updated on a saturday? I doubt it cus its not standard office hours, anyone know?

That means waiting til monday ...sigh.
    I had the same problem!!!

No problem...everyone needs a bit of support now and again.

Inclined not to think about it or not to email them?? I don't think i've ever had UCAS updated on a weekend, though it may be different for everyone else. Try not to think about it too much...it's enough to drive even the most sane people crazy!!

G

ReputationRep:
    it's enough to drive even the most sane people crazy!!

G
    Miaaaooow!!

ReputationRep:
    Miaaaooow!!
    Lol!!!! I take it you've gone a bit mad then!! That reply deserves rep!!

G

ReputationRep:
    Lol!!!! I take it you've gone a bit mad then!! That reply deserves rep!!

G
    Hmmm...can't give rep just yet...but i'll give it to you when i can again....remind me if i don't....i'm still laughing at it!!!!

G

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.