WH Bet Team Won but Not Paid? Watch

CharlieSChaplin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I placed a bet on a ice hockey game earlier and the team won but I William Hill said it was a loss and I have no clue as to how. The scores had an SO next to it which means shootout/shutout (or something) but it was still a win or have I made a mistake?
Kre
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The game will count as a draw if it goes to a shoot-out. The bet you placed must have been one which the team needed to win in normal time for you to earn your winnings, therefore it will be settled as a draw.
jardantuan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ice Hockey games aren't settled until there's a winner. If the two teams are drawing after three periods, they play an overtime period in sudden death. If the score remains the same throughout, they play a shootout to determine the winner. As the above poster said, it technically counts as a draw (the 'losing' team still gets a point rather than none for losing in normal time), and chances are the bet was for a result in normal time.

I don't know for sure, but I think you might be able to bet on the winner in normal time or the winner by the end of the game, depending on where you go.

Sadly, though the team you backed did win, they didn't win in normal time, which is why you lost the bet
CharlieSChaplin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Kre)
The game will count as a draw if it goes to a shoot-out. The bet you placed must have been one which the team needed to win in normal time for you to earn your winnings, therefore it will be settled as a draw.
I discovered that was the case afterwards, I accidentally bet on the wrong line :lol: oh well, live and and learn

Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads