Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    After having been inspired by byb3's sign prank i want to know if anyones done better, or failing that just pulled off any good pranks?

Rep for good uns!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyluck)
    After having been inspired by byb3's sign prank i want to know if anyones done better, or failing that just pulled off any good pranks?

Rep for good uns!

Some one had changed the "brass rubbing 250 yards" sign to:

"ass rubbing £250". needed black paint and white paint. I think things that involve STEALING shouldn't be considered a "prank" though...

ReputationRep:
    does knowing good ones count?

There's an annual display on the river which i go to sometimes, with racing eights, rowing past with everyone watching on the bank... apparently someone released loads of rubber ducks to float past just as the oarsmen were solemnly saluting the crowd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Some one had changed the "brass rubbing 250 yards" sign to:

"ass rubbing £250". needed black paint and white paint. I think things that involve STEALING shouldn't be considered a "prank" though...
    Hehe. that could be criminal damage but thats damn funny! I agree with the stealing thing, not so much when its council trash left about but with flat mates its a no no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    does knowing good ones count?

There's an annual display on the river which i go to sometimes, with racing eights, rowing past with everyone watching on the bank... apparently someone released loads of rubber ducks to float past just as the oarsmen were solemnly saluting the crowd
    Thats funny cus im a rower. Tho ive never seen people saluting the crowd ever ever, but i might have to remeber that..lol

ReputationRep:
    There's the old fairy liquid in the fountain as well.

Not many "legal" pranks.... My brother changed his street name to "waverley groove" (I don't know what its starting name was... LOl)

ReputationRep:

Not many "legal" pranks.... My brother changed his street name to "waverley groove" (I don't know what its starting name was... LOl)
    yeah that fairy liquid in the fountain happens at my local fountain (situated in the middle of a roundabout).... the road gets all foamy AND someone always puts a traffic cone on top of the fountain as well!

ReputationRep:

Waverly Grove maybe?
    There are no fountains near me anymore. There used to be one in my town advertising a business park but it was always billowing with bubbles, when the wind blew it got on cars and was a bit dangerous so they filled it in, killjoys!

ReputationRep:

Well someone has changed Bateman Street (somewhere down by the station) to Batman street

ReputationRep:
    hmmm..cant remember any good pranks....a friend came up to me in a club saying that another friend of mine was being beaten up in the toilets. me and 2 others then preceded to walk towards the toilets (trying) to look hard and tough. we then found out he wasn't....

done a few stupid things. some were arrestable so....(not anymore tho)

ReputationRep:
    Covering various objects in large amounts of glue is always a good idea, especially if it dries on contact!!!

ReputationRep:
    SOmeone put a big red cone on top of the dome once - i think it was a builder though. It was very funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    The pranks in the classic 80s teen movie 'real genius' are hard to beat - dismantling a car then reassembling it in someones bedroom.
    But hardly possible though...
    Something quick and simple is always best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    The pranks in the classic 80s teen movie 'real genius' are hard to beat - dismantling a car then reassembling it in someones bedroom.
    I know a bachelor guy who did that in his kitchen! Perhaps this is why he hasnt got a gf! But that does take bloody ages and you need to be a mechanical genius!

ReputationRep:
    That mustve been made by somebody who has never seen a british student bedroom.........unless the car was a Smart, or a mini mayb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd294)
    That mustve been made by somebody who has never seen a british student bedroom.........unless the car was a Smart, or a mini mayb
    A smart! yay, i love those cars. Its really funny how you can get the side panels changed to various colours and prints, just like a nokia phone! hehe

ReputationRep:
    ones that i've seen:

the seniors covered one of the classrooms in oil. it took days for the staff to wash off all the desks and dry them!! no one could use the room either! but it was a bit mean to the custodian...(here)

and also putting a cow on the top floor of the school, because cows can walk up stairs but not down...so a fire brigade had to be called in! (in pennsylvania)

letting loose chickens in the school (this was in tennessee)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vertago)
    ones that i've seen:

the seniors covered one of the classrooms in oil. it took days for the staff to wash off all the desks and dry them!! no one could use the room either! but it was a bit mean to the custodian...(here)

and also putting a cow on the top floor of the school, because cows can walk up stairs but not down...so a fire brigade had to be called in! (in pennsylvania)

letting loose chickens in the school (this was in tennessee)
    The poor cow. Wierd that someone found out they can go up but not down! haha. Slight animal cruelty going on there. I dont think its a particularly good one since the fire brigade have enough to do without getting cows out of buildings.

ReputationRep:
    oh yea, someone managed to move the artillery cannon in front of the local CCF armoury, and move it on top of a canteen there was a water feature nearby, and they decorated it to look like an assault course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyluck)
    The poor cow. Wierd that someone found out they can go up but not down! haha. Slight animal cruelty going on there. I dont think its a particularly good one since the fire brigade have enough to do without getting cows out of buildings.
    One of my housemates did that at the end of year 13 - him and his friends managed to get hold of a cow, get it to their school and get it into the library (which was upstairs), unfortunately it wouldn;t go back downstairs and made rather a lot of mess in their library...

the best one i've done here is take a bed out of someones room when they were in the kitchen drunk...

my friends who live in the big hall where there are about 60 corridors all over the place went round and removed a load of doors from all the communal toilets on various corridors, and stacked them in hteir toilet in the cubicle with the bath in (that nobody uses)...The maintenece people weren't very impressed having to fix all these doors back on (and most other residents were't impressed that they couldn't pee in their own bathroom, instead had to go right to the other end of the hall and find someone elses toilet that still had doors!

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.