Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know a few good ones, but I can't think of many right now.

I heard of a few friends taping notices saying "Physics Schools Entrance" on the bedroom door of someone, no prizes for guessing why... (it made me laugh )

Also in the early hours of the morning waking people up and asking if they had any ducks. Quite amusing for the randomness of it all, this developed into asking for "chickencrowducks" and we came up with a completely nonsense explanation (I can't remember the details but I think we were mentioning stuff like how it's "self-adhesive, citrus fruit shaped" and how you "grow it on your walls") some people were so tired and were completely taken in by it all. It doesn't quite sound as funny as it was on the night, and it had nothing to do with illegal drugs but anyway I thought I'd share it with you.

One of the best ones I've heard of was when a student went away for a weekend and the neighbours covered up his door and changed all the room numbers around so it looked as though the room didn't exist. Then the student/victim came back and everyone pretended to not know who he was.

ReputationRep:
    Well for a dare in truth and dare, a girl had to knock on the girls upstairs and ask for a tampax until she got one. It was 1am.

She didn't get one.

Adam

ReputationRep:
    WATERPROOF CHERRY BOMBS RULE drop one in every toilet in one area and you back up everything and it stinks bad too did it at my old skool on last day of term and there was **** cummin outta the sinks in the cookin area ( a little bit naughty tho)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    Well for a dare in truth and dare, a girl had to knock on the girls upstairs and ask for a tampax until she got one. It was 1am.

She didn't get one.

Adam
    Hey byb3! I'm off to Sheffield to do law and would much appreciate it, if you could just give me a brief assessment of the accomodation there. I will probably most likely be situated in Student halls. Which are the best in your opinion, I will probably more situated around the Crookesmere building, and also, catered or self-catered?

Many Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Hey byb3! I'm off to Sheffield to do law and would much appreciate it, if you could just give me a brief assessment of the accomodation there. I will probably most likely be situated in Student halls. Which are the best in your opinion, I will probably more situated around the Crookesmere building, and also, catered or self-catered?

Many Thanks.
    Hey dude,

I just walked past there, and the closest halls to your building would probably be tapton, but they aren't the best.

If you were going in to halls I would recommend either Stephenson, Ranmoor or Earnshaw.

Sorby is supposed to be getting knocked down so I don't even know if you can apply there. Halifax is full of foreign students.

Stephenson - Poshest hall probably, most of my good friends are here. Depends what type of room you get, as one of my friends has a bigger room than the other. Has about 400 students.

Ranmoor - Biggest party hall, lots of party nights, good atmosphere. Has 800 students. Where I am.

Earnshaw - Only been here once, but has a trendy bar. Seems alright to me.

The food here isn't that nice, but I would recommend going into halls instead of flats because if you go into flats your first year then it will be the same the next 2/3 years you're here. You need to enjoy the catered experience. Its a billion times better once you've settled in.

Freshers week for example, all the halls have parties and crawls set up for you, while in flats you have none of that. 800 people in freshers week in one pub is pretty crazy!

Hope thats helped.

Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    Hey dude,

I just walked past there, and the closest halls to your building would probably be tapton, but they aren't the best.

If you were going in to halls I would recommend either Stephenson, Ranmoor or Earnshaw.

Sorby is supposed to be getting knocked down so I don't even know if you can apply there. Halifax is full of foreign students.

Stephenson - Poshest hall probably, most of my good friends are here. Depends what type of room you get, as one of my friends has a bigger room than the other. Has about 400 students.

Ranmoor - Biggest party hall, lots of party nights, good atmosphere. Has 800 students. Where I am.

Earnshaw - Only been here once, but has a trendy bar. Seems alright to me.

The food here isn't that nice, but I would recommend going into halls instead of flats because if you go into flats your first year then it will be the same the next 2/3 years you're here. You need to enjoy the catered experience. Its a billion times better once you've settled in.

Freshers week for example, all the halls have parties and crawls set up for you, while in flats you have none of that. 800 people in freshers week in one pub is pretty crazy!

Hope thats helped.

Adam
    Cheers, that helped a lot. I would give you rep, but each time I click on the darn rep icon, it just brings me straight to the top of the page. I'll do it soon.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, that helped a lot. I would give you rep, but each time I click on the darn rep icon, it just brings me straight to the top of the page. I'll do it soon.
    Thats probably cos your firewall is blocking pop-up windows...mine did it for ages, until i was told to turn off my pop-up block...it helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Thats probably cos your firewall is blocking pop-up windows...mine did it for ages, until i was told to turn off my pop-up block...it helps!
    No can do, if I turn off the firewall, I bet this thing, which has a 2 minute countdown timer will pop up, after which my PC will reboot. Just by chance does anybody know what this virus is called? I recently installed WinXP (*****y OS still, in my opinion). I still prefer Win98SE.

ReputationRep:
    No can do, if I turn off the firewall, I bet this thing, which has a 2 minute countdown timer will pop up, after which my PC will reboot. Just by chance does anybody know what this virus is called? I recently installed WinXP (*****y OS still, in my opinion). I still prefer Win98SE.
    I didn't turn off my firewall completely, just the pop-up window option in my internet security settings...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Some one had changed the "brass rubbing 250 yards" sign to:

"ass rubbing £250". needed black paint and white paint. I think things that involve STEALING shouldn't be considered a "prank" though...
    These kids in my friends school let 3 pigs loose in school labelled 1,2 and 4. It took the authorities hours to figure out that there was no pig labelled 3! Pretty clever actually!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahwhatevver)
    These kids in my friends school let 3 pigs loose in school labelled 1,2 and 4. It took the authorities hours to figure out that there was no pig labelled 3! Pretty clever actually!
    Ingenious. Who would have thought labeling the police would be so much fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyluck)
    After having been inspired by byb3's sign prank i want to know if anyones done better, or failing that just pulled off any good pranks?

Rep for good uns!
    if your a guy wear a kilt on culture day and flash the teacher.....that generally (no gaurentees) gets a laugh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    goldfish in the swimming pool...cost the school thousands.

haha, and our teachers used to be 'kidnapped' at the end of term, and then they ended up on a train that didn't stop til glasgow with no money or anything... (they don't allow themselves to be kidnapped anymore...)

oh and the worst was when a group leaving managed to put fish in the roof tiles of one building, nasty nasty smell.

my dad still goes on about how at his school they put the headmistress's mini in the foyer....

PQ- we did that in mcdonalds! but with jus a cardborad circle for the wheel (the queue was huge inside).

lou xxx
    firecrackers in the commans......bloody funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahwhatevver)
    That's very funny

ReputationRep:
    We nicked some traffic cones for my mate because we had a photo of her running with them, gave them bowties and called them Malcolm and Marcus and gave them to her as a present. And it was really cool cos when at the end of the 3 yrs we moved back into halls for our last summer we let Malcolm and Marcus back out into the wild by our old house and they somehow found their way to outside our halls. We think they must have missed us!

We tried to unscrew the lantern from outside the pub once - unsurprisingly we got chased down the street by their staff. Gained numerous loo signs, road signs etc. We sellotaped someone in their room once. Nothing too exciting tho.

The best prank I saw was in my first year when the guys from the hall opposite completely emptied someones room of furniture and moved their entire room onto the lawn- so it still looked like a bedroom but on the lawn. That was pretty funny. We were also in McDonalds once when some students stole the lifesize Chris Tarrant cutout that was by the door. They must have planned it in detail, they drove up in their car 2 ran in and nicked Chris Tarrant and then they shoved it in the back and drove off with the doors still open and McDonalds staff running after them lol. Someone on the ground floor of our hall managed to nick a flagpole which was pretty impressive dont know how they managed to get it up the hill and into the building. The halls made them return it.

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine at Bournemouth put a bath tub on a bus stop. It made the front of the local paper, "reign of terror" or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    This was actually done by a friend/workmate of hubby's....who was a long way (like 20 yrs +) from being a student when it happened.

Out drinking one night him and his mate came across a roadkill cat. Being a bit mullered he picked it up, took it into the nearby chinese takeaway, slammed it on the counter and said "there you go - but that's the last one I'm getting for you tonight!" and legged it out the shop.

The rest of the customers left pretty quickly too
    That's one of the best pranks ever. Were there any witnessess to this act?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Oh and every morning in Newcastle the statue near the station of Stevenson (I think!) always has a cone on his head and a bottle in his hand.
    Apparently thats some sort of tradition in Newcastle, my dad said it used to be done when he was at uni too!

ReputationRep:
    I was once at a party where someone fell asleep, and so we smeared his face with melted chocolate and sprinkled sugaflakes over him, while filming it. Afterwards we showed him the film of the elaborate proceedings, but for some reason he couldn't get into the spirit of the thing.

A good old classic is putting clingfilm over the toilet, though it works best when everyone is drunk, and when it isn't at your own house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyluck)
    After having been inspired by byb3's sign prank i want to know if anyones done better, or failing that just pulled off any good pranks?

Rep for good uns!
    Can't be bothered to read the rest of the thread so I don't know if this has been said before, but I know someone at my school went round all the computer rooms and removed the ball of every single mouse. Don't know what was to be gained from that mind you...

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.