I need Academic Advice.. Watch

Type 052D
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am currently doing A-level History, Law and geography at year 12 and I never really wanted to do these subjects but had to take them because I failed year 11 maths and had to retake them at first year. I want to do Science based subjects, particulary Biology. Should I continue 2nd year college and leave to another college and do another two years? What are your opinion? Can you provide some word of advice? Thank you!
Type 052D
Rep:
?
It is very stressful for me...
Type 052D
Rep:
?
Any advice?
llacerta
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think you should study what you want to study, especially if you're looking to then go onto university- studying A-levels you don't like is one thing, but if those A-levels lead onto a degree that you don't enjoy, it's really not a good path to go down.

If you have a real desire to study the sciences, go for it, as ultimately you're going to get better marks in subjects you enjoy (as long as you put the effort in).
SaFa1237
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think you should apply to another college and do the subjects you want to do. If you do something you enjoy, you're more likely to put more effort in. Also don't be put off for getting held back a year, there are loads of people who take gaps years for uni. Good luck and I hope I helped a bit!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
3.85%
They might tell the bully (5)
9.62%
I don't think they'd understand (9)
17.31%
It might lead to more bullying (19)
36.54%
There's nothing they could do (17)
32.69%

Watched Threads