The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3740
Original post by Hayley-27
how many marking points do you think there will be for the 6 marker? because i didn't have time to write about cohesion tension, so I just wrote about apoplast, symplast and root pressure.

I forgot about apoplast and symplast:frown: I done that exact question as a practice 2 weeks ago and got full marks from my teacher so do you think apoplast and symplast are neccessary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3741
anyone got the paper or photos of it yet?? or any complete unofficial mark schemes? :smile:
Original post by BingTaoBing
HEY GUYS!

In the question about snakes, it said "snakes are predators that lay eggs," and then it went on to talk about the mating of garter snake. BUT...garter snakes are ovoviviparous, which means they give birth to live young and they do not "lay" eggs. TAKE THAT AQA! A ****ING ERROR!

Anyone going to try and complain :tongue:?
Original post by harjshavin
what did people put about why there would be no affect to the adult if fetal haem... was produced??.

I put that because they were still producing adult haemoglobin the production of fetal haemoglobin would have no effect.
Reply 3744
Original post by harjshavin
what did people put about why there would be no affect to the adult if fetal haem... was produced??.

I wrote little change between adult and fetal haemoglobin but had no idea really.
Reply 3745
Original post by GTSwattsy
There was a question about the role of helicase wasnt there?

Yeah there was!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys do people reckon 17% at 4kPa will be in the range of answers? I'm quite scared although its one mark?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3747
Original post by Starlight94
What did everyone put for the haemoglobin questions with the curves?

I bombed out on these questions.. I didnt have a clue!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3748
Original post by amar96
I think you're lying

:tongue:
Original post by BingTaoBing
HEY GUYS!

In the question about snakes, it said "snakes are predators that lay eggs," and then it went on to talk about the mating of garter snake. BUT...garter snakes are ovoviviparous, which means they give birth to live young and they do not "lay" eggs. TAKE THAT AQA! A ****ING ERROR!

oh nice one. well spotted
Some people still confused about the 6 marker.

You did not need to talk about the symplastic or apoplastic pathways.
Original post by GTSwattsy
There was a question about the role of helicase wasnt there?

Yep. It breaks down the hydrogen bonds between the DNA strands therefore enables it to unwound and reveal the unpaired bases for free nucleotides (in semiconservative rep.) :smile:
Original post by Blobar
I wrote little change between adult and fetal haemoglobin but had no idea really.

no change cause it has adult haemoglobin as well =)
Original post by Blobar

I put that there wasn't much difference!:P
Original post by violetiz
But I'm pretty sure asked how it gets from the epidermis to the xylem, and then up to the leaf

Yeah I recall that too, it was something like root>epidermis>xylem>leafs
Original post by laithmo96
Why is gas exchange more efficient with the muscles?

I put maintains a steep diffusion gradient, as it said, muscles force air in and out of the insect.
Original post by jamie.wiles
no change cause it has adult haemoglobin as well =)

yh i put that, was an odd question.!
Original post by science-oliver
Guys do people reckon 17% at 4kPa will be in the range of answers? I'm quite scared although its one mark?

The graph wasn't that hard to read but i think they will probably allow 15%-17% as the answer was 16%. If they're generous, the range may be a bit bigger... but i doubt it
Reply 3758
What was the frequency/ number of times spiracles open??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laithmo96
Yeah I recall that too, it was something like root>epidermis>xylem>leafs

It said endodermis to the xylem to the leaves.

Latest

Trending

Trending