Is this normal? Sexual encounters Watch

Eco*14
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm new to this so not sure how all this really works.

I'm a 19 year gay guy and I just want to know if my behaviour and activities are normal.

I've had Grindr (an app that gay/bi guys have and use to hook up with other guys) on my phone for some time now but I was too scared to meet anyone of it. Then once I decided to meet this guy and I lost my virginity to him. And ever since then I can't seem to stop meeting guys of this app Grindr!

In about 6 months I've been sexual with at least 40 guys. I've slept with guys who are 30 years older than me. And basically if a guy compliments me or says something nice I end up in his bed. Is this normal??
I don't have any gay friends and I'm not out either so I can't ask anyone else. I've always just presumed that all gay guys have loads of sex and this kind of behaviour is normal :confused:
Thanks
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Normal compared to what? Normal is very subjective.

What really matters is how you feel and what you want. If you're confident and comfortable about what you're doing, go for it.

I honestly think you sound very, very insecure and your actions may not be helping that, but I may be wrong.
unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's not uncommon. The gay scene can be like an enormous sweetshop, with all sorts of goodies on offer, and it's easy to go wild, especially if you're seen as desirable (young, attractive, etc). The last time I looked at one of the Sigma Research 'Gay Men's Sex Survey' reports, the average number of partners per year there is about six to eight, but it varies from zero to hundreds.

What are you getting out of this? You don't have to be sexual with everyone who gives you the right look...
Eco*14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
Normal compared to what? Normal is very subjective.

What really matters is how you feel and what you want. If you're confident and comfortable about what you're doing, go for it.

I honestly think you sound very, very insecure and your actions may not be helping that, but I may be wrong.
Thank you for your reply
Yes I think you've hit the nail on the head about the insecurity thing.
Vanadesse
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you're wondering if it's normal and feeling guilty or ashamed of it, chances that to you, no it's not. Or at least not what you should be doing anyway. Living that kind of life won't make you feel any more secure about yourself, if anything, like someone else said, you'll actually feel worse. With each person you'll be diminishing your self-worth a little more. My advice? Hold out for someone who actually cares, not someone who compliments you and just wants one night with you.
Murdoc
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
my opinion it's not normal, and actually you're in dangerous zone, so quit...
i see a man over a woman, male/female thingy and actually anything around us male/female that's common!
jimbo139
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Only you can decide whether you're happy with this new lifestyle. What would you like long-term? are you looking for a long-term relationship or would you be happy continue like this? Do you intend to come out?

I'd suggest that you should never feel obligated to have sex with someone you don't really fancy just because of a few compliments, or a couple of drinks etc. Perhaps just flirting for a while would be more fun?

I'd also suggest that, as an inexperience guy with a lot of partners, you should make sure you're very careful about safe sex, and consider getting an STI checkup.
AK_265
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Fear your lord and stop this nonsense, your not gay. It's like having a crush on someone your not suppose to, just block that **** and find a woman.

Posted from TSR Mobile
tomo2323
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
yea normal if you want HIV.... I'd get tested ASAP if I were you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.61%
No I haven't decided yet (50)
22.32%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.07%

Watched Threads