Should I learn chain/product/quotient rules for C2? Watch

UKBrah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've learnt differentiation and it's alright but would it allowed to use these to find derivatives in the C2 exam?
Enginerd.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It depends on your Exam Board, if you are on AQA, having learned these differentiation methods will not help you in C2, only basic Integration and Differentiation will be asked.
Dr A
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Enginerd.)
It depends on your Exam Board, if you are on AQA, having learned these differentiation methods will not help you in C2, only basic Integration and Differentiation will be asked.
+1

It depends on the exam board, but yes if there's differentiation in C2

In general, you can use any techniques learnt in earlier modules to solve problems in a given module. This isn't always the case with applied modules.

For example, I remember when I did FP2, we used the partial fractions method from C4 to prove summation formulae using "the method of differences".
TenOfThem
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by UKBrah)
I've learnt differentiation and it's alright but would it allowed to use these to find derivatives in the C2 exam?
you could but you will not need to
UKBrah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dr A)
+1

It depends on the exam board, but yes if there's differentiation in C2

In general, you can use any techniques learnt in earlier modules to solve problems in a given module. This isn't always the case with applied modules.

For example, I remember when I did FP2, we used the partial fractions method from C4 to prove summation formulae using "the difference of two squares".
Im on MEI.
Yea i learnt partial fractions for method of differences, we do it on FP1. We also do graphs of rational functions, so the quotient rule would be pretty cool to find stationary points.
Dr A
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by UKBrah)
Im on MEI.
Yea i learnt partial fractions for method of differences, we do it on FP1. We also do graphs of rational functions, so the quotient rule would be pretty cool to find stationary points.
Yeah, that's what I meant to write, but I accidentally wrote 'the difference of two squares' lol

If only maths so easy lol. Degree-level stuff is tougher (I'm a 1st year ).
steve2005
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dr A)
Yeah, that's what I meant to write, but I accidentally wrote 'the difference of two squares' lol

If only maths so easy lol. Degree-level stuff is tougher (I'm a 1st year ).
You call yourself Dr.A but your profile says you are 18. Can you please explain?
Mr M
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by steve2005)
You call yourself Dr.A but your profile says you are 18. Can you please explain?
What a peculiar question. I don't suppose Dr Dre ever submitted a doctoral thesis and I'm pretty sure Doctor Who didn't qualify from medical school.
UKBrah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr M)
What a peculiar question. I don't suppose Dr Dre ever submitted a doctoral thesis and I'm pretty sure Doctor Who didn't qualify from medical school.
First and last post of Mr M that made me ROFL.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.04%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.89%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.58%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
37.91%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.57%

Watched Threads