Parents will not allow my girlfriend to sleep round? Watch

Jriches96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I'm 16 years old, and I have my first girlfriend. We have been going out for 6 months. I would like her to sleep round my house, in my bed. It's not like we are going to have sex or anything. Now, I understand what you will say, there is appsolutly no logical reason for her to.

However, this is the bit that frustrates me. They let me 15 year old brother have his girlfriends to sleep in his bed, all the time. No questions asked? What the hell? They also let me year old sister have her boyfriends sleep round.

Why? For example my younger brother has been going out with this girl for two months, treats her like **** etc, asked if she can stay around, and they said yes?

WHY DO THEY DO THIS. Yes, I was the last person to get a girlfriend in this household, and still the only virgin in the house.

Posted via mobile, dismiss spelling mistakes
deedee123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jriches96)
So I'm 16 years old, and I have my first girlfriend. We have been going out for 6 months. I would like her to sleep round my house, in my bed. It's not like we are going to have sex or anything. Now, I understand what you will say, there is appsolutly no logical reason for her to.

However, this is the bit that frustrates me. They let me 15 year old brother have his girlfriends to sleep in his bed, all the time. No questions asked? What the hell? They also let me year old sister have her boyfriends sleep round.

Why? For example my younger brother has been going out with this girl for two months, treats her like **** etc, asked if she can stay around, and they said yes?

WHY DO THEY DO THIS. Yes, I was the last person to get a girlfriend in this household, and still the only virgin in the house.

Posted via mobile, dismiss spelling mistakes
your year old sister? is this a troll?

(if not) it is quite strange i suppose that they'd let him do it and not you, have you asked them why?
Jriches96
Rep:
?
(Original post by deedee123)
your year old sister? is this a troll?

(if not) it is quite strange i suppose that they'd let him do it and not you, have you asked them why?
shes nearly 18. I meant year older, lol
Llewellyn_J
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How do you know your Mum isn't a virgin? Did you ask her!?!?!? No? Then don't be so quick to assume...
smudge_moon
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you asked them why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Avolil
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd kick off, flip some tables... (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Jriches96
Rep:
?
(Original post by Llewellyn_J)
How do you know your Mum isn't a virgin? Did you ask her!?!?!? No? Then don't be so quick to assume...
Are you being serious?
deedee123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
shes nearly 18. I meant year older, lol
okay. Have you asked them why?
Jriches96
Rep:
?
(Original post by deedee123)
okay. Have you asked them why?
No. I'm not currently rrady to argue. I still need to plan my presentation for the next family meeting.
smudge_moon
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No. I'm not currently rrady to argue. I still need to plan my presentation for the next family meeting.
Why does it have to be an argument? Just ask why,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jriches96
Rep:
?
(Original post by smudge_moon)
Why does it have to be an argument? Just ask why,

Posted from TSR Mobile
My mum is very controlling. If I ask why, she'll just respond with "because i said so".

Same with most thingz
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
lulz . I see where your mum is coming from.
Rainbows!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My mum is very controlling. If I ask why, she'll just respond with "because i said so".

Same with most thingz

Yeah it's a bit unfair but at the same time, it's a good time to show them your mature enough to cope with whatever decision they make. If they say yes then that's good! Your girlfriend can sleep over.

If they don't then it's a bit crappy but getting upset and worked up, screaming your younger brother can have his girlfriend sleepover but he is only 15 etc will not do you any favours..

Prepare yourself for the worst and your following, calm reaction. Then you will be surprised if they say yes and not too disappointed if they say no
In the meanwhile, clean up and take a bit of responsibility on that you normally wouldn't
Jriches96
Rep:
?
(Original post by letsbehonest)
Wow, when it comes to this kind of stuff, just respect your parents. No is no.
But they are only saying no to me.

I am a virgin, i would not have sex with my parents in the house. I always do as my parents say, however this has really annoyed.
CJKay
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Pff, it's not like we'll have sex or anything herp derp.
James Lucifer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Good on them it's their house which means it's their rules. If you don't like you know where the Door is!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where'sPerry?
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would have said that it's her house, her rules, unfortunately. However, it seems very unfair that your siblings are allowed their partners over. I'm not trying to suggest that I think there is, but might there be some specific reason why your parents might not trust you (but trust your siblings)? Perhaps you could just start off by asking your parents if you can have your girlfriend over to sleep in your room but on a different bed, if you've got a put-up one. Alternatively, as another poster suggested, simply ask your mum why. There isn't a need for an argument, just approach the topic in a non-confrontational way.
Lumos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
just ask why your brother can and not you. there doesn't seem any good reason for an inequality like that?
Jriches96
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lumos)
just ask why your brother can and not you. there doesn't seem any good reason for an inequality like that?
Exactly. Even though his realationships last no longer than a few months.
Jem97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Tell them to piss off lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (95)
24.55%
No (292)
75.45%

Watched Threads