Internal error 2503/2502 when installing Watch

cyxstudio
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I cant install anything now. this error keeps popping out. what i tried

1. Click Start Orb, in the start search box, type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK .
2. Click Start Orb, in the start search box, type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK . After you run this command, the operation is complete.

Didnt work

1. Click Start Orb, in the start search box, type Services and press Enter.
2. Scroll down and find the Windows Installer. Double-click “Windows Installer” in the Services list.
3. On the General tab, make sure the service is started under “Service status”.
4. If the service is not already running, under Service status, click Start, and then click OK.

Didnt work

Go to Start->Control Panel%_%

%_% Click on Folder Options%_%

%_% Mark Show hidden files and folders%_%

%_% Then navigate to c:\windows%_%

%_% Click on Installer folder then select properties%_%

%_% Then click on security tab and make sure that the administrator has full access permissions %_%

%_% Now list Folder contents and read %_%

There is no such folder is c:/windows/installer/ Even after i enabled view hidden folder, still no such folder.

help please :help: :help: :help:

but i did notice when i create a folder in c:/windows and rename it to installer it says there is already a folder with that name and ask me if i want to merge it
mfaxford
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A quick google for that error number suggests checking the date and time on your computer.

Also try the stuff in here if you haven't already.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ml#post3114760

If you're still stuck it might be worth trying to google the error codes and look at the large numbers of results - That's all anyone here is likely to do - and you doing it will get results quicker than waiting for someone else doing it for you.
cyxstudio
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by mfaxford)
A quick google for that error number suggests checking the date and time on your computer.

Also try the stuff in here if you haven't already.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ml#post3114760

If you're still stuck it might be worth trying to google the error codes and look at the large numbers of results - That's all anyone here is likely to do - and you doing it will get results quicker than waiting for someone else doing it for you.
date and time?? :confused::confused: I did googled it says that the error is because the installer cant access a system folder C:/Windows/Installer. the problem is its a system folder and i cant find it as well. its a system folder which means i cant see it even if i enable show hidden files/folders. i am suppose to look for the folder and grant permission to access it.
mfaxford
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by cyxstudio)
date and time?? :confused::confused:
Having the wrong date on your computer could cause security errors as part of the check might be that the date is sensible. Similarly some aspects of security work on tokens which generally have a date range for which they're valid.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
14.29%
They might tell the bully (2)
14.29%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
21.43%
It might lead to more bullying (3)
21.43%
There's nothing they could do (4)
28.57%

Watched Threads

Latest