P3 Edexcel Questions Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Hi! I wanted to know how to differentiate sec^2 x. I dont know if they can ask that on tuesday. Do u guys think the p3 paper on tuesday will be hard or easy? Do u think it is possible to get the auestions from another person from a different country who has already done the paper?
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
Hi! I wanted to know how to differentiate sec^2 x. I dont know if they can ask that on tuesday. Do u guys think the p3 paper on tuesday will be hard or easy? Do u think it is possible to get the auestions from another person from a different country who has already done the paper?
To differentiate sec^2(x), just use the chain rule (dy/dx = dy/du*du/dx).

y = u^2 => dy/du = 2u
u = sec(x) => du/dx = sec(x)tan(x) (standard result)

So dy/dx = 2u*sec(x)tan(x) = 2sec(x)*sec(x)tan(x) = 2sec^2(x)tan(x)

I'm not even going to justify your last question with an answer.

Regards,
Flakker
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
WTF? Why is it that people want to cheat? I know maths is hard, but even if I had the oppurtunity to see the P3 paper beforehand I wouldn't take it. Just get stuck in and do your best like the rest of us. Im no maths wizard, I only got a C at AS but ffs cheating to get an A would be so empty, dishonest, even cowardly in some ways.

I apologise for my ranting.

Chris
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1206)
79.6%
Leave (309)
20.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise