?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Bump
Azarimanka
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd just like to take the opportunity to describe the attackers, and all those who support them in ANY way SCUM. We need to go stamp out militant islamism in Africa, seems to be the new scumbed for it.
Rhadamanthus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why do you keep spamming this forum with spammy junk written by idiots like Robert Fisk?
Clessus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Robert Fisk is a discredited hack and an apologist for war crimes and fascism, the term 'Fisking' was invented for a reason you know

Isn't this the same Robert Fisk who appears of the state television of none other than Russian dictator Vladimir Putin (ironically, almost every word he says about the West in the Middle East could be equally applied to Russia, a country which has in the past 20 years alone, aided and abetted, and in 1 case committed, at least 6 rounds of ethnic cleansing in the Caucasus and Balkans). Robert recently wrote a horrendous article where he implied we would be hypocrites for condemning any use of chemical weapons by Assad, because Britain had used chemical weapons 100 years beforehand, and because the USA gave Saddam chemical weapons (and why the "of course" beside Germany?).

Interesting that Robert likes to present his 'you only care because the victims are white' nonsense (like we haven't heard that one before :rolleyes:) as somehow 'anti-establishment'. However, this argument was used by none other than Conservative MP Sir Peter Tapsell and Conservative British foreign secretary Douglas Hurd due to their anger at the publicity that the victims of a certain other genocide were receiving, and out of their desire for continued collaboration with the purpotraters.
pol pot noodles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
People care more about their own, shock horror!
CEKTOP
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Clessus)
Russia, a country which has in the past 20 years alone, aided and abetted, and in 1 case committed, at least 6 rounds of ethnic cleansing in the Caucasus and Balkans
When exactly did that 1 count of ethnic cleansing occur, enlighten me.
Clessus
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CEKTOP)
When exactly did that 1 count of ethnic cleansing occur, enlighten me.
I'll spoiler it, as it's off topic.

Spoiler:
Show
In Abkhazia, Russia aided, abbetted and in some cases directly participated in the ethnic cleansing of Georgians, Greeks, Armenians and moderate Abkhaz between 1992-1993 and in 1998. During the recent 2008 war, Russia participated in the ethnic cleansing of Georgians from South Ossetia. Russia directly engaged in the deportation of Armenains from Shahumyan in 1991.

I'll spell out all my examples;

Spoiler:
Show
Abkhazia - Russia aided, abetted and directly participated in the expulsion of over 250,000 Georgians and non-Abkhaz from Georgia between 1992-1993
South Ossetia - In 2008 Russian forces aided, abetted and in some cases directly participated in the ethnic cleansing of Georgians from South Ossetia
Nagorno-Karabakh - First Russia engaged in the deportation of thousands of Aremians from northern Karabakh in 1991. Later, Russia provided diplomatic cover and armed support for Armenia as it committed ethnic cleansing of hundreds of thousands Azeris from Nagorno-Karabakh and the surrounding regions, and in some cases Russian units directly participated in these operations (at Khojali).
Croatia - Russia provided diplomatic support for the Milosevic regime as it ethnically cleansed hundreds of thousands of non-Serbs from the so-called 'Krajina' region in Croatia. The Russian media continues to run Milosevic propoganda against Croatia .
Bosnia-Herzegovina - Russia provided diplomatic support in the UN for the Milosevic regime as it ethnically cleansed hundreds of thousands of non-Serbs from Bosnia-Herzegovina, and threatened America with a nuclear strike if it intervened. Today the Russian media falsely equates Republika Srpska and Kosovo, and runs genocide denial stories in regards to Bosnia.
Kosovo - Russia did everything possible to prevent intervention against Milosevic as he ethnically cleased Kosovo, and attempted to get the intervention denounced by the UN (though failed.) Today, Russia supports Serb irredentist efforts in Kosovo.
Rhadamanthus
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Interesting that Robert likes to present his 'you only care because the victims are white' nonsense (like we haven't heard that one before :rolleyes:) as somehow 'anti-establishment'. However, this argument was used by none other than Conservative MP Sir Peter Tapsell and Conservative British foreign secretary Douglas Hurd due to their anger at the publicity that the victims of a certain other genocide were receiving, and out of their desire for continued collaboration with the purpotraters.
Don't forget that when he was beaten by racist Taleban thugs in Afghanistan he blamed himself for being white and said that if he were an Afghan, he'd do the same thing.

He's a bit like those who blame women for being raped because they're "too flirtatious".
Clessus
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Rhadamanthus)
Don't forget that when he was beaten by racist Taleban thugs in Afghanistan he blamed himself for being white and said that if he were an Afghan, he'd do the same thing.

He's a bit like those who blame women for being raped because they're "too flirtatious".
Haha, ah yes, I forgot about that

He has also come dangerously close to being a 9/11 truther.
Rhadamanthus
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Haha, ah yes, I forgot about that
In fact I don't blame them either. If I were an Afghan I'd probably beat up Robert Fisk too.

He has also come dangerously close to being a 9/11 truther.
No surprises there. No doubt America "had it coming", even if he thinks that the CIA did it. (Or Mossad, he probably thinks they were in on it.)
marcusfox
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Nothing can be certain except death and taxes.

Except for gas engineers in Algeria, then it's just death.
Clessus
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In fact I don't blame them either. If I were an Afghan I'd probably beat up Robert Fisk too.
haha

No surprises there. No doubt America "had it coming", even if he thinks that the CIA did it. (Or Mossad, he probably thinks they were in on it.)
He's a bit like Chompsky. He is embarassed about his own position and thus keeps it vague and hidden. You can read it here.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
xx

xx
Can we not have this turn into the many flaws of Robert Fisk thread please. Stay on topic
CEKTOP
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Aj12)
Can we not have this turn into the many flaws of Robert Fisk thread please. Stay on topic
But the topic is an article by him. Surely we need some background to discuss it.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CEKTOP)
But the topic is an article by him. Surely we need some background to discuss it.
Some background yes but I think that's been more than accounted for, the thread is turning into a discussion just about him with no bearing towards what he has said about Algeria.
Clessus
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Aj12)
Some background yes but I think that's been more than accounted for, the thread is turning into a discussion just about him with no bearing towards what he has said about Algeria.
Sorry, I got a bit carried away
castlemadeofsand
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why do you keep spamming this forum with spammy junk written by idiots like Robert Fisk?
Why is he an idiot?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (16)
6.87%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.73%
I don't think they'd understand (39)
16.74%
It might lead to more bullying (82)
35.19%
There's nothing they could do (71)
30.47%

Watched Threads