Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You know, the little 2 seaters (made by Mercedes i believe), really popular in Europe, and getting more popular here. You can change their side panels (just like on a phone!) and you can get some really amazing and odd colours, eg blue with white numbers ghosted in, and scratched black.

I think they are really cute and fun, alot of my mates hate them, what do you think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyluck)
    You know, the little 2 seaters (made by Mercedes i believe), really popular in Europe, and getting more popular here. You can change their side panels (just like on a phone!) and you can get some really amazing and odd colours, eg blue with white numbers ghosted in, and scratched black.

I think they are really cute and fun, alot of my mates hate them, what do you think!
    I LOVE EM! i cant see why anyone would hate them, all my family do. i just think they have no taste.

ReputationRep:

Yeh they are good, only one friend can bug you for a lift at a time!

ReputationRep:

I have one! LOL! An all black one with silver alloys! its left hand drive as it was from hamburg - we got it before they were really taking off over here. ts soo cheap to run and insure...and dont believe anyone who says that they are slow. They have a turbo engine manufactured by Mercedes and Im often doing 75-80 mph in it! You should see some peoples faces when you overtake them! Id definately recommend them - Im 6ft 2 and it was one of the few small cars I didnt feel squeezed into - they have great leg room and a glass roof so it feels so light and airy inside - completely different to any other car and people love going in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    Yeh they are good, only one friend can bug you for a lift at a time!
    thats a good point actually!

ReputationRep:
    i've never driven one but i can't stand the way they look im sure they're lovely for people who can't park a real car

ReputationRep:
    own one.....and love it!!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    i've never driven one but i can't stand the way they look im sure they're lovely for people who can't park a real car
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    own one.....and love it!!

love Katy ***
    Really ?!! wow!!
    I am quite short (5ft 2) and took a LHD for a test drive but didnt feel safe as i could lean across to look around. Maybe cus i was a really inexperienced driver at the time....Im waiting for the new RHD to come down in price.

What colours katy!!?

ReputationRep:
    i loved

i hate

• Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    chuffed to see they've just released one with a boot (well at least I think that's what the finnish tv program was saying) which means it's a realistic option (I need a car that can fit a wheelchair and 2 people in it so the dinky little original version is no use )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    i loved

i hate

huh? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I hear they have a really bad 60 to 0 time? Any truth in this?

My dad hates the thought of me having one he thinks they aren't safe!
    I guess they arent practical for taking all your stuff to uni, you would need a trailer! hehe.

I love the dials they look like frog eyes! *in a smart frenzy!!*!!

ReputationRep:
    Really ?!! wow!!
    I am quite short (5ft 2) and took a LHD for a test drive but didnt feel safe as i could lean across to look around. Maybe cus i was a really inexperienced driver at the time....Im waiting for the new RHD to come down in price.

What colours katy!!?
    mines red and black with a red interior. mines RHD, got it last june made specially for me! im shorter than you at 5ft! what do you mean you could lean accross to look round??

mine does have a boot.....its just not very big...but big enough for my shoping.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    chuffed to see they've just released one with a boot (well at least I think that's what the finnish tv program was saying) which means it's a realistic option (I need a car that can fit a wheelchair and 2 people in it so the dinky little original version is no use )
    You mean the lazily named *forfour*!! Its not the same as an ickle smart!

I dont like the roadster, it looks like some lego toy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    mines red and black with a red interior. mines RHD, got it last june made specially for me! im shorter than you at 5ft! what do you mean you could lean accross to look round??

mine does have a boot.....its just not very big...but big enough for my shoping.

love Katy ***
    Like parking in a street, usually you face the direction of traffic, in a LHD the driver is right next to the pavement. The boot is good cus its deep and you only have to open the glass part to get in it.

I bet havig it made cost an absolute ton!!! when i drove a fiesta i had to have 2 cushions, what did they do to the smart to make it more driveable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mad kuri)
    huh? :confused:
    i once loved them.

now, i hate them.

ReputationRep:

i dont know how anyone can get onto the roadster...i struggled and im tiny! - although my dad has his heart set on one!

love Katy ***
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer

Yeah I know but having to fit a big square thing in the boot (preferably with ease) limits your options.

It would make a nice change from the hoofing great big ford focus estate we've got now (or my nasty hatchback astra with a great big lip on the boot)

Plus hubby needs an auto (and a proper auto not just clutchless gears) so it really cuts down on choice - especially now all the car manufacturers are abandoning estates in favour of MPV things.

All I want is a car with 2 seats and a low loading boot big enough to fit the chair in...it's not to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    i once loved them.

now, i hate them.

OOHH!!! now i get you! but y?! what changed your mind?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.