How to achieve a daily flawless look? Watch

sarah.102
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I would like to achieve a daily flawless look. I have problems with eye-circles I can get quite dark eye circles and would just like some tips on what products people use, how they use them to look naturally nice on a daily basis. I don't have a price limit as such I'm open to hearing from the drugstore to the more top-end brands that can help me achieve this.
kittybean
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sarah.102)
I would like to achieve a daily flawless look. I have problems with eye-circles I can get quite dark eye circles and would just like some tips on what products people use, how they use them to look naturally nice on a daily basis. I don't have a price limit as such I'm open to hearing from the drugstore to the more top-end brands that can help me achieve this.
I used to do Avon and before I quit I bought a load of their pure minerals powder foundation.
I have a one or two a shade lighter than my skintone for under my eyes and the rest the one that matches me.
I'm sure there's a few Avon sellers on ebay if you want to give it a try =]
catherinealice
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A good concealer that many YouTube gurus is called 'Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection', but that is better for blemishes rather than under eyes. Peach coloured concealers counteract purple under eye circles - Bobbi Brown do various shades of 'creamy concealer' which many people find works for them. However, I use a new concealer palette from 'MUA cosmetics' (cheap brand in Superdrug or www.muastore.co.uk) called 'Conceal and Brighten' which has three different shades to mix and match and I find they work well At the moment it is £2.50 but tomorrow they are having a 50% off sale with free P&P so it's a good chance to try it out!
Hope I helped and good luck
garythesperm
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
go bathe yourself in mud
hlangshaw1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer is a great budget buy for any general blemishes on your face. If you want something a bit more specific for dark eye circles I would try Benefit Lemon Aid Colour Correcting Eyelid Primer. Its yellow tones balance out any purply tones around your eyes and will give a brightening effect - you can also use it with or without make up hope this helps
tssf_skye
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sarah.102)
Personally, I don't use concealer as my foundation seems to do the trick. Although, as other posters have said Collection 2000 seem to do a good one. I have also just ordered the Complete coverage concealer. This has 4 different shades ranging from slightly lighter - darker. This should last a good amount of time and money, as I don't have to keep re-buying through the course of the year through spring/summer or when my tan starts to fade!

For foundation, I have 3 options.

1) Clinque Anti-Blemish Foundation - This is the foundation I'm using currently (in the lightest shade) and it's fantastic. Really good coverage (to the extend where a concealer is not necessary) it applies easily and is extremely light. Personally, I like this because it's natural and I can just use it for the areas where I have some break-outs, and blend the rest. Whereas with some other foundations, you're left with orange blotches!

2) Revlon colourstay - Good coverage, however I found it a little heavy and quite dense. It also made my skin feel slightly oily, but not a bad buy for a highstreet brand, so it's good for what you pay I suppose. I would probably use this if you want high coverage.

3) Max Factor smooth effect - This is good if you don't tend to break-out, really natural looking, light coverage. I just think the coverage was too light for me.

If you have pretty good skin, I would recommend just going for a good BB cream (Maybe Bobbi Brown, if you want to spend a little more) and use a good concealer.

Other tips..use a good moisturiser. Just generally keeps your skin healthy, and prevents make-up going on looking dry and flaky. I just Liz Earle skin repair moisturiser with the same facewash and it's amazing how much good it has done my skin. Cleared it up so much!
I would also invest in a good foundation brush, to prevent that streaky look and make sure everything is blended in..otherwise you can be left looking orange even if your foundation matches your skin!

What else..minimal eye make-up I line the outer corners of my eyes close to the lashes just to define them. Most people can't tell I'm wearing make-up! I'd use gel or liquid liner, and they're easier to control and smudge/run less. Then a good mascara, maybe clinque or Maybelline, possibly a little natural blush just to bring a little colour (Elf is good for that, good quality and cheap) and you're good to go!

Sorry for rambling! Hope I've helped
Ireth_Gilraen
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Welll depending on how bad undereye area is Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier for high end. Drugstore look at Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer (good for under eyes) and foundation. Collection 2000 Lasting perfection concealer is good for blemishes. Rimmel Stay Matte powder for setting and Wake Me Up foundation and concealer. Sleek blushes espesh Rose Gold if you're fair. Mascara looks at Maybelline, Rimmel and L'oreal. Almost everything at MAC is amazing but for a novice definitely look at the Face and Body foundation (waterbased and sheer to medium coverage) and the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. Blushes and lipsticks are great too, huge shade range. Nars does a great tinted moisturiser and foundation. Sheer Matte for combination/oily skin and Sheer Glow for normal skin. Their blushes are some of my favourite products. Anything else feel free to ask.
ArcadiaHouse
Report 6 years ago
1. Wake up as Beyoncé.
2. Continue every day as Beyoncé.
Beebee2468
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well I run a beauty blog and I've used a ton of concealers and I do recommend the collection 2000 lasting perfection. It retails at around £4.20 in boots so not bad at all, I really like it for under my eyes as it has a creamy finish.

for a general flawless finish you should start with a good skin care routine, I personally use the brand Liz Earle and I would recommend their cleansers to everybody as they are gentle enough for dry sensitive skin like mine but also effective enough against oil. Invest in a good under eye moisturiser and use before bed, this will help to relieve any puffiness.

ALWAYS remove your makeup at night, not with a wipe but cleanse properly. Your skin will thank-you in the long run! If you have oily skin try investing in a primer too, there are tons out there but it will help you keep your makeup on better in the day and save from having to touch up!
ironandwine
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's not just make up that you need to be concerned with, but how you care for your skin in general. If you don't have a good base to start with, then achieving a flawless look is going to be near impossible. To do this, you need a relatively healthy diet and be drinking plenty of water to flush out toxins. Food and drink like blueberries, fresh lemon water and nettle tea are especially good at ridding your body of toxins and helping clear your skin.

Cleansing is the next step. You need a good cleanser to ensure there are no impurities left on your skin; I use the Vitamin Hot Cloth Cleanser from Superdrug. Then toning; this helps restore the Ph balance in your skin, and removes any excess cleanser. I use a homemade rose water toner with some cotton pads. Moisturising is key in maintaining good skin as it keeps your skin hydrated. Use a light moisturiser with an SPF factor (if your make-up doesn't have any) in the day, and a heavier, night moisturiser in the evening to restore your skin. I use E45 moisturiser in the day, but prefer to use coconut oil as a moisturiser at night, rather than a shop bought moisturiser. Used as an anti-ageing moisturiser, my skin wakes up literally glowing. That said, a little goes a long way - it is very oily even when used sparingly - and takes a little while to absorb into the skin. You can dab with a clean towel to remove any excess coconut oil from your face before going to sleep if need be. It is also a haven at removing make up in the evening, although I prefer to use a light cleanser.

Exfoliation is also key in achieving a flawless look. It rids your face of any dead skin cells and leaves it feeling baby soft. There are several different methods to exfoliate; currently, I am using St. Ive's Apricot Acne Prevention Exfoliation Scrub in the shower every day. Supposedly, you're only meant to exfoliate 3-4 times a week, but I find this is not enough for me. To further maintain good skin, I also steam my face (to keep my pores clean) once a week, and use a face mask at least once every fortnight.

Make up wise, I use a light foundation for general coverage (Match Perfection by Rimmel), and Benefit concealer for problem areas. I then use finishing powder (I think Benefit do a really good one) to set the make up. I then apply blusher to my cheeks and use a highlighting powder on my brow lines, under my eyes and in the corners of my eyes, and then finish the rest of my face off (mascara, eyeliner, eyebrow filler, etc, though not essential to achieving a flawless look).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.73%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.65%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.2%
It might lead to more bullying (132)
38.6%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.82%

Watched Threads