If i amtaking BTEC business level 3 Watch

DaniilKaya
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
If I am taking Btec business level 3 , what can I do after that? Can I do degree like Ba business management or economy with business management?Can I go to such courses with btec level 3 qualification which is equivalent to 3 A's ?
matthewoingram
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you've got any doubts about going to university with your qualification, check the courses that you want to study online and see if they'll accept your qualification. If it doesn't say, send the university an email. See what they say and if they accept your qualification, go for it. If they don't and you want to go to university, you might want to reconsider your options.
Runninground
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes, most Universities accept BTEC's now.

You will struggle to get into the big ones like Cambridge/ Oxford though.
username912610
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Runninground)
Yes, most Universities accept BTEC's now.

You will struggle to get into the big ones like Cambridge/ Oxford though.
Why is when people speak about BTECs they always have to specifically mention those two uni's.
Robbie242
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kruz)
Why is when people speak about BTECs they always have to specifically mention those two uni's.
Because those unis rarely take in BTEC students?
username912610
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Robbie242)
Because those unis rarely take in BTEC students?
Not like I've got a problem with it but it's mentioned too many times everybody should know by now that they don't take it. Also people need to know that they're good Uni's out there as well it.
Runninground
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kruz)
Because BTEC is a qualification you take that prepares you for work. If you want to go to Uni, you traditionally take A-Levels. It's not uncommon for people to change their mind whilst doing the BTEC and decide they want to go to Uni, so it is important that they know that a BTEC will get them into most Uni's, except the very top ones.

I am expected a D*D*D* on my BTEC, and I was surprised that I wouldn't be able to get into Cambridge as no one told me this. I'm not to worried though as Cambridge didn't do the exact course I wanted (Aerospace Engineering).
Robbie242
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kruz)
Not like I've got a problem with it but it's mentioned too many times everybody should know by now that they don't take it. Also people need to know that they're good Uni's out there as well it.
He did use the word ''like'' so that's not excluding other universities
nmr1991
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When I applied through UCAS, I got a decline offer from a top university because they looked at my (bad) GCSE grades, so keep in mind that they won't just look at your level 3 qualification (not saying you did bad on your GCSE's).

On another note, I only applied to university with the prospect of trying to get a job afterwards, I don't know why people see BTEC's as a way to get into work easier, in this regard I always have known that BTEC and A level were equivalent, otherwise I wouldn't be in university right now, I would be actively looking for work instead.
Faizalzeenab
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What uni did you go to? And how bad were your GCSE grades
Faizalzeenab
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nmr1991)
When I applied through UCAS, I got a decline offer from a top university because they looked at my (bad) GCSE grades, so keep in mind that they won't just look at your level 3 qualification (not saying you did bad on your GCSE's).

On another note, I only applied to university with the prospect of trying to get a job afterwards, I don't know why people see BTEC's as a way to get into work easier, in this regard I always have known that BTEC and A level were equivalent, otherwise I wouldn't be in university right now, I would be actively looking for work instead.

What uni did you go to? And how bad were your GCSE grades?
German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You could go into Human resources or marketing, business is ongoing and provides a lot of opportunities.

Everything involves business these days.
nottreece
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes you are able to go to university with a BTEC and most unis like you to get at least a C in Maths and English.

I got into Nottingham Trent studying BA Business and i acheived all my GCSE's above grade C. I also took level 3 BTEC Business
Faizalzeenab
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by md_shamz)
I have recently completed my Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business with D*D*D*. I applied to University of Nottingham (BSc Management), University of Surrey (Mbus Business and Management), University of Leicester (Bsc Management), Aston (BA Business and Management) and Coventry ( B and M). I received offers from all of them except Aston. Firmed Uni of Notts but thinking of going through adjustment. Aston rejected me because one of my GCSE's was with OCR, despite meeting all the requirements.

One thing I'll tell you is that don't let no one jeopardise or create limitations as to what you can and cannot achieve simply because you study a particular type of qualification.
Hey , i am worried that aston will reject me for doing the same course that they rejected you for.Aston is my first option and can you give me more detail of why they rejected you and what are the chances of me getting in with DDD
nottreece
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Someone that did BTEC Level 3 managed to get onto a business course at Aston by achieving DDD at level 3 BTEC
Faizalzeenab
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by md_shamz)
Would you be able to tell me what you got for your GCSE's?
I got C in english and maths and 5 other gcses with Bs and Cs
rolierol
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you think i can study law if i have a business BTEC?! Cuz i am going to uni this september and they say that they can do it, but i have to check my GCSE and BTEC grades.. ?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kash24411
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rolierol)
Do you think i can study law if i have a business BTEC?! Cuz i am going to uni this september and they say that they can do it, but i have to check my GCSE and BTEC grades.. ?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, there is no preferred subjects for Law.

However you will struggle to get into the top law schools in the country, you will also need a good personal statement and it may be a bit difficult talking about where your interest for law have developed through doing BTEC Business.

But generally that BTEC will not limit you to study law. The GCSE's may limit you to certain universities as well as some ask for B-A in English language.
shayanabdallah
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what btec grades did you get
nottreece
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by shayanabdallah)
what btec grades did you get
I got a D*D*D* and I am currently a trainee business teacher so if you would like any help, please get in touch
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads