Aroha1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I travel a lot for my work and always enroute I see lot of ladies carrying two bags a handbag and a jute shopping bag carrying other extra stuff. I was wondering if there was a reusable leather shopping bag (shape of polythene bags u get in asda, tesco etc) would people be interested in buying. Bag will be 100% plain leather in different colours with in built pockets for Kindle and phone and lot of room to keep other stuff. Want some opinions before I start production. Many Thanks.
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Aroha1)
I travel a lot for my work and always enroute I see lot of ladies carrying two bags a handbag and a jute shopping bag carrying other extra stuff. I was wondering if there was a reusable leather shopping bag (shape of polythene bags u get in asda, tesco etc) would people be interested in buying. Bag will be 100% plain leather in different colours with in built pockets for Kindle and phone and lot of room to keep other stuff. Want some opinions before I start production. Many Thanks.
I believe it wouldn't solve problems for some people as the plain cotton totes are easily folded up into a normal handbag, however I do think this could appeal to stylish young professionals. One of the main issues with the cotton or jute bags is that they aren't waterproof and usually aren't hard-wearing enough to last a long time. Obviously size and design are very important, but I think if you get those points right then there would be a market.
Aroha1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi Charlotte, Thanks for the reply. I agree with your point jute bags fold up where as leather do not. But i forgot to mention in the previous post these leather bags will be made with thin leather which will allow the bag to fold, im attaching some pictures to give an idea of the type of bag i will be making. Plus the bag would also have a hook on the outside to attach bag charms.Name:  baggu-leather-bag_0.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  32.4 KBName:  baggu-leather_0.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  44.0 KB

Name:  IMG-20130118-WA0000_0.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  89.8 KB
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Aroha1)
Hi Charlotte, Thanks for the reply. I agree with your point jute bags fold up where as leather do not. But i forgot to mention in the previous post these leather bags will be made with thin leather which will allow the bag to fold, im attaching some pictures to give an idea of the type of bag i will be making. Plus the bag would also have a hook on the outside to attach bag charms.Name:  baggu-leather-bag_0.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  32.4 KBName:  baggu-leather_0.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  44.0 KB

Name:  IMG-20130118-WA0000_0.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  89.8 KB
That definitely seems very practical. As long as the leather is thick enough to hold substantially heavy items and the stitching is good, then I think you have a great idea
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads