Ip Routing Enabled...No - no Internet connections Watch

AshPetite
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, yesterday I wiped my laptop and reinstalled windows 7, but now I can't connect to the wifi (private halls, no Ethernet, symbol with red cross, "not connected - no connections are available". Diagnostics couldn't find a problem. Under 'Network Connections' I can only see Bluetooth Network Connection (disabled). No LAN connection.

I ran ipconfig /all in the cmd box, finding the message "IP Router Enabled ... No". Usually, i have four addresses (these are used to connect my laptop to the halls wifi via their online system instead of simply a password). I followed the instructions from here: http://m.wikihow.com/Enable-IP-Routing

When trying to start 'Routing and Remote Access' I get a message "the Routing and Remote Access service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programmes."

I'm stuck as to where to go from here. Any suggestions are appreciated, and I'll pass on any info as best as I can, considering that the only way to communicate is from my phone.

Thanks, Ashhttp://m.wikihow.com/Enable-IP-Routing

Posted from TSR Mobile
mfaxford
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Firstly you don't need IP Routing enabled. IP Routing is used to connect different networks together.

If the only Network Adapter you see (when you go into Control Panel) is the bluetooth adapter then that means you need the driver for your wifi card. The best option for that is to look on the website for your laptop.

You should be able to see what drivers you need by Right clicking on "Computer" in the start menu and selecting "manage", Once that's loaded look at the device manager. Network cards should appear in a section called "Network Adapters" and usually you'll see two entries, One for Wifi and one for Wired. If you don't have the drivers installed they'll probably show up as an Unknown device somewhere else.
AshPetite
Rep:
?
(Original post by mfaxford)
Firstly you don't need IP Routing enabled. IP Routing is used to connect different networks together.

If the only Network Adapter you see (when you go into Control Panel) is the bluetooth adapter then that means you need the driver for your wifi card. The best option for that is to look on the website for your laptop.

You should be able to see what drivers you need by Right clicking on "Computer" in the start menu and selecting "manage", Once that's loaded look at the device manager. Network cards should appear in a section called "Network Adapters" and usually you'll see two entries, One for Wifi and one for Wired. If you don't have the drivers installed they'll probably show up as an Unknown device somewhere else.
Oh right thanks.. Only the Bluetooth ones have shown up. Shall I just go on the Fujitsu website and download them onto a USB?

Posted from TSR Mobile
AshPetite
Rep:
?
I think it's ok now, I found my recovery disc with the drivers on. Thanks for your help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
24.15%
No (179)
75.85%

Watched Threads