Lizzie2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, just wondered if anyone has stayed in a studio room in the Old Fire Station in Aberdeen? Obviously because people are living in it at the moment I am unable to view them, but just wanted an idea of what they're like so I can assess what to do for next year. They seem pretty quirky, which I like, but just wanted to know if I'd be getting my money's worth.
Please someone reply, would be much appreciated! Cheers x
withintemptation
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lizzie2)
Hi, just wondered if anyone has stayed in a studio room in the Old Fire Station in Aberdeen? Obviously because people are living in it at the moment I am unable to view them, but just wanted an idea of what they're like so I can assess what to do for next year. They seem pretty quirky, which I like, but just wanted to know if I'd be getting my money's worth.
Please someone reply, would be much appreciated! Cheers x
Hi there, this might be a little bit late for you, but here goes anyway. I currently live in one of the studio rooms. There are three in total. Two of them are located in the tower of the building and one is in the main building. I have stayed in the tower one at one point when ours was being redecorated and it was awful They are very small, on two levels and there is literally no storage space anywhere. I would never recommend the tower ones to anyone - they are identical too, so neither is better than the other. They also don't have an oven, just a microwave oven. The bathroom is so small you can't even turn around in it.

The other is much better, all one level, biggish bathroom, lots of storage space, and an oven. However, as I say we are living in it at the moment, and have rebooked for next year.

The location is the best thing the Fire Station has going for it. Half way between town and the uni so its perfect, but it really isn't worth the money. The main reason we have rebooked is because it is easier than having to find another flat. My best friend and I travel throughout the whole of summer and therefore are not able to flat hunt when the best flats become available. Hope this helps Any other questions just let me know. I have been here for three years.
NeepTheNumpty
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey I'm currently scrambling about trying to find a replacement for an ensuite room in the spring garden flats. Let me know if you d be interested in it! Great location, near the old fire station too!

Cheers!
Meant2BMed!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there are you still seeking a replacement?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    Medicine Only Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Jun '20
  • University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Aug '20
  • University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 3 Oct '20

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads