Are you closer to friends or family? Watch

Poll: Which are you closer to, friends or family?
Male - Family (6)
13.95%
Male - Friends (8)
18.6%
Male - Both Equally (1)
2.33%
Male - Neither (2)
4.65%
Female - Family (9)
20.93%
Female - Friends (8)
18.6%
Female - Both Equally (6)
13.95%
Female - Neither (3)
6.98%
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey Guys;

Well, I was just thinking but which are you closer to, friends or family? I know some people who are closer to friends because family is not as understanding as friends as well as some who simply say you can chose friends but not family and others who say family because of the obvious reasons that family will always be there etc...

What about you?

Why:
Annie72
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Family, ie my husband and children. I dont have many friends and then I hardly see them.Although I hardly ever see the other members of my family either.
PrincessLuna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If depends, on the family member and friend. Obviously I am not close to family members who are abusive. Close to good family members. I am not the type who makes a billion fake friends. I have very few friends but they are real genuine friendships.
Aries1992
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Family definitely. Especially my Sister were like best friends.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Family.
on-acid
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Friends, definitely - the close ones, obviously. Not that I don't love my family. It just feels like friends know me for who I am and understand my thoughts better than my family.
BigbangT.O.P
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
friends- i guess they can understand more about what your going through with your life, whereas with family it's hard for them to understand you.
medbh4805
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Friends. Although I wouldn't say it's because I'm fabulously close with most of them, they're just normal friend-relationships, but I have very strained relationships with my family.
WildBerrySpirit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Definitely friends. Probably because they're more understanding and genuine.
hothedgehog
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Family, they are always there for me.

My 'friends' seem to think it's ok to treat people like **** and then expect them to come running back to them at any point.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Family or Friends:
Both equally - but only my parents. I don't live anywhere near other relatives.

Why:
I don't even know how to answer this! There isn't a reason why; it's just how it is. My parents had me in their late teens so there isn't a large age gap - and on top of that I'm an only child. I suppose both of those points attribute to why I'm able to get along with them in the same way that I do with my friends. I can talk to them about everything, just like I do with close friends, and I enjoy spending time with them.

I spent Thursday night out with classmates; Friday night out with friends from my home town; then last night in drinking with my parents. They were all good nights.
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Anyone else?
I personally think friends, simply because that I think friends, I can be more honest than to my parents, don't know why though. =l
yaboy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
its depends on if your in a serious relationship or not
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.3%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.26%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.44%

Watched Threads