Spanish February holidays Watch

CandyFlipper
Badges: 13
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Ok I'm thinking of taking a week off work in February and the plan is to go somewhere Spanish because it's a) hot and b) I can practice my spanish.

So right now my options are canary islands, the mainland or somewhere like Ibiza. Does anyone here recommend any specific place at that time of year? For example, if there are any festivals going on ...
CandyFlipper
Badges: 13
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Think I've answered my own question now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carniva...uz_de_Tenerife

Anyone here been to this before?
fiona344
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spain isn't hot in February. Canary islands should be pleasantly warm, but if you want hot you'll need to go further afield.
pizzle223
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by fiona344)
Spain isn't hot in February. Canary islands should be pleasantly warm, but if you want hot you'll need to go further afield.
I've been in February and it's pretty hot. Hot enough to swim in the lakes far inland and in the seas.

You'll want a jacket at night tho..
RedBug
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I live in the most southern part of Spain and I must warn you that february is the coldest month for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dragonista
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spain is cold in February.
standreams
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spain (as a rule) is not hot in February.

The Canary Islands might be 'warm' and it should be possible to swim there.

Anywhere else in Spain, it would be highly inadvisable to swim in February as you'd likely get hypothermia. Warm spells in February can occur but are the exception, not the rule. It has snowed in Mallorca at sea level in February, similarly I had snow in Granada when there at that time of year. I have also been to Madrid in February, it was sunny but the air was chilly (about 10 degrees) by day and cold at night. Navarra was completely covered in snow during that time.
Car Expert
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've just come back from a week's holiday in Tenerife, and we had perfect weather all week. Bright sunshine, average temperature (at sea level) of around 21°C, so very comfortable. Even at night at this time of year it doesn't get any lower than around 17°C. It's the first time I've taken a holiday during the winter to go somewhere warmer - definitely a breather from the bitterly cold British weather! Shame I had to come back really...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (67)
23.18%
No (222)
76.82%

Watched Threads