ChantelleLouise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've always grown up wanting to be different things, like a doctor, hair dresser, singer and model. All the things young girls want to be when their younger. Since my parents noticed my talent in art, my dad has wanted me to be a tattoo artist. I mean I think I could do it, ever since I started my art GCSE's I get A*'s on all of my art work, but it is so hard to keep on top of. I've always wanted to be a make up artist and my make up is always rather elaborate. I do my friend's make up for them when they ask. I am currently getting paid to do henna on people. I don't get much business because it is so hard to advertise, and I can't get anywhere due to lack of car. I don't know what to do or even how to get a job. I'm 15 at the minute and I need some money, I don't know what age I'm going to even think about going into tattooing. Anyone got any advice for me? Thank you.
draghm
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ChantelleLouise)
I've always grown up wanting to be different things, like a doctor, hair dresser, singer and model. All the things young girls want to be when their younger. Since my parents noticed my talent in art, my dad has wanted me to be a tattoo artist. I mean I think I could do it, ever since I started my art GCSE's I get A*'s on all of my art work, but it is so hard to keep on top of. I've always wanted to be a make up artist and my make up is always rather elaborate. I do my friend's make up for them when they ask. I am currently getting paid to do henna on people. I don't get much business because it is so hard to advertise, and I can't get anywhere due to lack of car. I don't know what to do or even how to get a job. I'm 15 at the minute and I need some money, I don't know what age I'm going to even think about going into tattooing. Anyone got any advice for me? Thank you.
Don't just do what your dad wants you to do its your life, not his.
appleface
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ChantelleLouise)
Agreed with above. Do what you want to do.

To be honest, you can't even properly start to train as a tattoo artist until 18 because you can't get a license. (Don't do the dodgy thing of getting clients to pay you for tattoos underage and untrained, it just creates bad tattoos.) My friend/housemate does an apprenticeship at a studio, but it took her until she was 19 to find someone. On the other hand, you can start training in make up and beauty at college, from when you're sixteen. So you could do that, then if you decide it's not for you and tattooing is, start building a portfolio of designs when you finish college, get a machine, very trusting friends or some pigskin and practice You don't need qualifications to be a tattoo artist, so don't worry about doing A Level art or anything like that.

You're only 15, so don't worry. You'll have a few more years yet until you have to make any decisions on exactly what you want to do with your life.
BroganRebekah
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Grapefruits or oranges are better than pig skin etc..

Also you can always help at a tattoo studio be 'tea *****' for a while watch what they do. How to set up ad break down tattoo stations. How to sterilise. Learn about different machines,needles and inks..

🌸 Brogan 🌸
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.92%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.04%
Not great so far... (221)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.06%

Watched Threads